Kicking off ‘Homecoming’
Bus Safety Week
Supporting food pantries
Rio hosts Farm Festival, ‘Rockets’
A ‘Revolutionary’ endeavor
- Q&A on Breast Cancer Awareness - 3:19 pm
- Considering a new location - 3:07 pm
- After delays, West Virginia Senate passes redistricting map - 4:59 pm
- 2 deaths reported, 34 new cases - 4:50 pm
- Kicking off ‘Homecoming’ - 3:40 pm
- New Haven to host Fall Festival Saturday - 3:30 pm
- OVB stands with ABA in opposing proposed IRS changes - 1:04 pm
- Deaths, new cases reported - 4:40 pm
- Bus Safety Week - 1:23 pm
- ‘Drug Take Back Day’ - 4:26 pm
- New chapter for animal shelter - 3:43 pm
- School Board discusses mask policy - 2:55 pm
- A weekend in Rio - 2:16 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 1:11 pm
- Shelter pets of the week - 1:08 pm updated: 1:17 pm.
- Fall fun on the farm - 5:08 pm
- ‘Art of Bird Watching’ - 4:42 pm
- Main Street survey available - 4:17 pm
- 78 new COVID cases reported - 3:54 pm
- Redistricting maps advance in West Virginia Legislature - 11:33 am
- WVa regulators OK continued operation of 3 power plants - 11:32 am
- Governor announces final round of sweepstakes winners - 11:30 am
- New Haven discusses water testing results - 5:05 pm
- Moose raises funds for Nurse Honor Guard - 4:03 pm
- West Virginia lawmakers endorse redistricting maps - 3:59 pm
‘Drug Take Back Day’
OHIO VALLEY — Drug Take Back events are scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 23 at locations in Gallipolis, Pomeroy, and Jackson, Ohio.According to a ne...
New chapter for animal shelter
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Animal Shelter is opening a new chapter with new management.As previously reported by Ohio Valley Publishing (...
School Board discusses mask policy
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Board of Education held a regular business meeting earlier this week, prompting a mask discussion and scheduli...
A weekend in Rio
This year’s Bob Evans Festival held a plethora of children’s activities including three large corn kernal pits.Rockets over Rio commenced ...
This Week in West Virginia History
The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia....
Shelter pets of the week
A sweet and loving pup named Scotty and an affectionate and gorgeous feline named Fiona are this week’s Shelter Pets of the Week, available for ...
3 OVP teams in Ohio playoff hunt
When it comes to forecasting and predictions in high school athletics, absolutely nothing is certain.Trying to make some sense of it, however, does he...
Blue Devils 8th at D2 golf championships
SUNBURY, Ohio — A solid finish to a remarkable repeat.The Gallia Academy boys golf team ended its second straight postseason on the highest leve...
Rio volleyball chops down Mighty Oaks
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — It was a match full of big runs.As things turned out, the home team was responsible for more of those scoring spurts than the...
GA, SG advance to sectional finals
CENTENARY, Ohio — Back in familiar territory.The Gallia Academy volleyball team will be playing for its sixth district berth in seven years foll...
Twyman repeats as MVR in TVC Meet
STEWART, Ohio — The River Valley, South Gallia, Meigs, Southern and Eastern High School cross country teams converged on Federal Hocking High Sc...
Camp Conley CEOS Club news
The Camp Conley Community Education Outreach Service (CEOS) Club held its August meeting at the Church of God Ministry Center. The pledges were led by...
‘Yards of the Month’ recognized
Tu-Endie-Wei Garden Club “Yards of the Month” for September are:Ward 1: 1576 Neal Road, Henry and Marilyn Fetty;Ward 2: 608 Shawnee Trail,...
WCD funds $126K of conservation practice for local farmers
Applications for conservation practices were taken by the Western Conservation District (WCD) in June.According to a news release from WCD, this has r...
Bauer Family Reunion
The annual reunion of family and friends of Vallie and Lizzie (Durst) Bauer was held July 25 in the dining hall of the West Virginia State Farm Museum...
Camp Conley CEOS news
The Camp Conley Community Education Outreach Service (CEOS) Club members drove to Rio Grande, Ohio, for dinner prior to their July meeting. After each...
Search the Scriptures: A better method of conversion
A regular observer of the news is likely to run across a certain sort of picture these days on a not-infrequent sort of basis. Though the particulars ...
‘It’s not worth the grief it will cost you’
I pastored Trinity Baptist Church from 1980 to 1984. It was a new church work located along Rt. 219 near Marlinton, W.Va. The Lord blessed the ministr...
God’s Kids Korner: Give God first place (Mark 10:24-25)
Would you like to have a million dollars? Probably most of us would answer yes to that question. A famous comedienne by the name of Sophie Tucker once...
Search the Scriptures: Christ is not cultural
One writer recently observed that a certain portion of American Christianity is in danger of transforming Christianity into a “Lifestyle Brand,&...
Put the challenge of wisdom to work
Before Dad moved our family to West Virginia, we lived in Salisbury, North Carolina, at 525 East Henderson Street. When I was eight years-old, Dad bou...
God’s Kids Korner: You are precious! (Mark 10: 13-14 )
One day Jesus was teaching and people were bringing little children to Jesus for Him to touch and bless them. The disciples criticized the parents and...