Mason reaches 2,000 total cases… 4 new cases reported in area
11 new COVID-19 cases reported…11 new COVID-19 cases reported in area
One additional COVID-19 death reported in Gallia… Latest case data in Gallia, Mason, Meigs
‘Volunteer Days’ added at Farm Museum
Gallia returns to orange, joining Meigs… Latest case data in Gallia, Mason, Meigs
- Next phase of Mason sidewalk project begins - 6:19 pm
- Hosting ‘History Walk’ - 5:17 pm
- Mason reaches 2,000 total cases… 4 new cases reported in area - 4:58 pm
- Mason County teens win pageant titles - 4:53 pm
- Pfizer COVID-19 shot expanded to US children as young as 12 - 3:48 pm
- Consultant: West Virginia city was bombarded with opioids - 3:21 pm
- WVa governments getting nearly $1.9B in COVID federal relief - 3:06 pm
- WVa ‘ready to go’ with Pfizer vaccine for 12 to 15 year olds - 3:04 pm
- ‘Monster’: 7 life sentences for ex-hospital worker in deaths - 3:02 pm
- Williams arrives on Memorial Day… Medal of Honor recipient to keynote ceremony - 5:47 pm
- 11 new COVID-19 cases reported…11 new COVID-19 cases reported in area - 5:22 pm
- Trolling on the river - 3:38 pm
- ‘Clean Up Day’ set for Saturday - 3:21 pm
- Wahama Prom Royalty chosen - 3:16 pm
- The power of prayer… Observing National Day of Prayer - 7:23 pm
- One additional COVID-19 death reported in Gallia… Latest case data in Gallia, Mason, Meigs - 2:32 pm
- V.F.W. Post 9926 recognizes award winners - 1:46 pm
- New homeless shelter project stalls… Factors include pandemic-related delays, cost of materials - 1:35 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 12:13 pm
- PPJ/SHS students win statewide PSA contest - 12:04 pm
- ‘Tour of Hope’ ride planned for Point - 4:29 pm
- Gallia returns to orange, joining Meigs… Latest case data in Gallia, Mason, Meigs - 4:23 pm
- O’Brien Garden Music Series begins Saturday - 4:18 pm
- West Virginia sets new targets in sluggish vaccine campaign - 2:33 pm
- Witness testimony continues in landmark W.Va. opioid trial - 2:32 pm
Williams arrives on Memorial Day… Medal of Honor recipient to keynote ceremony
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Congressional Medal of Honor recipient, Hershel “Woody” Williams will be the keynote speaker at this year’s...
Trolling on the river
Catfish anglers from several states traveled to the Ohio and Kanawha Rivers at Gallipolis, Ohio on Saturday for a King Kat Tournament Trail event pres...
‘Clean Up Day’ set for Saturday
POINT PLEASANT — The countywide clean-up day is this Saturday, May 15 at the Mason County Career Center.Items will be accepted on Saturday from ...
Wahama Prom Royalty chosen
It was a “Night Under the Stars” at Wahama High School Saturday evening, as the Junior/Senior Prom was held in the school gymnasium. Royal...
The power of prayer… Observing National Day of Prayer
POINT PLEASANT — The 70th annual National Day of Prayer once again featured a local observance in Mason County which focused on this year’...
Asbury eliminates RedStorm from RSC baseball tournament
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — Kaiden Zacharias’s two-out, two-run single capped a three-run seventh inning rally and lifted Asbury University to a 7...
Lady Falcons blank Ritchie County, 5-0
The Lady Falcons won the battle of unbeatens on Friday in Mason County, defeating Little Kanawha Conference guest Ritchie County 5-0. Wahama (8-0, 6-0...
White Falcons fall to Winfield, 17-7
The Wahama baseball team trailed by a single run after five innings, but Winfield scored nine unanswered over the last two frames for the 17-7 non-con...
Locals compete at Wood Invite
The Winfield girls and Cabell Midland boys came away with top honors on Friday night at the 2021 Paul Wood Invitational held at Ohio Valley Bank Track...
Wahama blasts Blue Devils, 10-0
The Wahama baseball team allowed just one hit on Thursday at Claflin Stadium, defeating Little Kanawha Conference guest St. Mary’s 10-0 in five ...
Eagles rally past Rio in RSC Baseball opener
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — Second-seeded Asbury University scored three times in the bottom of the eighth inning to rally past No. 5 seed University of...
Writers Guild contemplates the fate of Cinderella
POINT PLEASANT — In the days before radio, movies and television, stories of fair damsels in distress being rescued by Knights in Shining Armor,...
New pastor for Church of Christ in Christian Union
The Church of Christ in Christian Union on Main Street in Point Pleasant recently welcomed a new pastor. Pastor Bud Clonch, and wife Shelly, pictured,...
Wahama honor roll
The following Wahama Junior/Senior High School students were placed on the honor roll for the third nine weeks, according to Principal Melissa VanMete...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild resumes meetings
POINT PLEASANT — Members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild met on March 3 following a long absence due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Included i...
‘Reading Week’ at Beale Elementary
The Grinch visited students at Beale Elementary on Wednesday in celebration of reading week.Students at Beale Elementary are celebrating reading week ...
Preachers bear a heavy load
When preachers have a message to deliver, it involves more of a load on the preacher than church goers consider. Prophet Malachi referred to as “...
Cross Words: A theology of marriage
A girl in a white dress walks down the aisle. Beautiful music plays in the background. A man, beaming with excitement, awaits her on the other side. T...
Search the Scriptures: An increasing faith
A certain Roman centurion, stationed in Capernaum had a servant who was very ill and, hearing of Jesus, he asked the local Jewish elders to plead with...
A Hunger for More: The rewards are real and eternal
I truly believe that much of the point of your and my existence today is that we, as God’s children by faith in Jesus Christ, live our lives in ...
A scriptural and spiritual perspective on problems
We know the story about Jonah. God tabbed Jonah to preach to the people of Nineveh that they should repent or incur the judgment of God. But, Jonah re...
Cross Words: A theology of work
Work is not the result of sin in the world.The Bible says, “Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the s...