A new chapter… Repurposing for further development
Snow event hits region
Flatrock upgrades, trains on new truck
Meeting the new neighbors
- 217 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:51 pm
- Wellness Wednesdays - 3:31 pm
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy… Excellent results, faster recovery, and less pain - 3:10 pm
- Primary Filing update - 4:49 pm updated: 4:50 pm.
- Filing period ends Saturday in New Haven - 4:38 pm
- 3 deaths, 97 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:16 pm
- 449 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:51 pm
- 3rd WVa corrections officer dies of COVID-19 - 4:00 pm
- Gov. Justice: Hospitalizations nearing 1K - 3:15 pm updated: 3:17 pm.
- Volunteers needed for ‘Homeless Count’ - 3:08 pm
- Calendar of events approved by Town of Mason… Holiday activities, Music in the Park, more - 2:57 pm
- A new chapter… Repurposing for further development - 2:42 pm
- Governor updates on boosters, latest COVID stats - 5:07 pm
- Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled - 4:16 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- 1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- FRN updated on programs, outreach - 3:31 pm
- Shelter pets of the week - 12:25 pm
- Mason County Memories… General ‘Tiger John’ McCausland - 12:20 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 12:13 pm
- Upcoming events, programs on Coalition agenda - 4:36 pm
- New Haven updates on reduced fine, water system - 4:03 pm
- 1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- WVa lawmakers seek to ban school mask, testing requirements - 3:35 pm
- Gov. Justice on National Guard support - 4:30 pm
- 138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:08 pm
Volunteers needed for ‘Homeless Count’
POINT PLEASANT — In collaboration with the West Virginia Coalition to End Homelessness, the Mason County Homeless Shelter will be coordinating a...
Calendar of events approved by Town of Mason… Holiday activities, Music in the Park, more
MASON — A recreational events calendar for the year was established for the Town of Mason, when council members held their most recent meeting.P...
A new chapter… Repurposing for further development
NEW HAVEN, W.Va. — Residents on both sides of the Ohio River gathered on a frigid Saturday morning to watch another piece of the former Philip S...
Governor updates on boosters, latest COVID stats
CHARLESTON — With the Omicron variant of COVID-19 continuing to spread across the state and the country, during a press briefing, Gov. Jim Justi...
Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled
The annual Official Guide to Meigs County, a partnership between The Daily Sentinel and the Meigs County Chamber and Tourism, will arrive next month w...
1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there was one additional death, as well as 253 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Pub...
Lady Defenders fall to CLC, 52-17
CROSS LANES, W.Va. — It seemed to be going well at first.The Ohio Valley Christian girls basketball team suffered a 52-17 road loss to the Cross...
Black Knights fend off River Valley, 53-51
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Point Pleasant boys basketball team held off the River Valley Raiders 53-51 at home Tuesday evening.The Black Knight...
Point Pleasant wins tri-match
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Big wins against some big names.The Point Pleasant wrestling team took down a pair of state powers on Saturday during a ...
Harris, Jolly pace Rio track at Otterbein
WESTERVILLE, Ohio — Spencer Harris posted a pair of runner-up showings to lead the University of Rio Grande men’s track & field team i...
Rio women keep rolling, dump Alice Lloyd
PIPPA PASSES, Ky. — Not even an 11-day hiatus for COVID-19 protocols could slow down the University of Rio Grande women’s basketball team....
Felman donates to local organizations
NEW HAVEN — Recently, Felman Productions, a New Haven-based metallurgy manufacturing company led by Mordechai Korf and Uriel Laber, employing do...
PPPS Student Leaders
Point Pleasant Primary School’s Student Leaders for the second nine weeks are pictured with their principal, Vickie Workman: Kaylee German, Mady...
Community donates gifts for teens
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Career Center’s National Technical Honor Society’s (NTHS) recent “Christmas for Teens”...
Community Supports Toys for Kids
POINT PLEASANT — Toys for Kids has seen an outpouring of community support recently with various organizations, businesses, and individuals dona...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild celebrates the season
With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas before us, members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild found time to squeeze eating in while meeting on two ...
Grow a few vegetables indoors this winter
Limited outdoor growing space or cold winters may have you missing fresh homegrown vegetables. Make this the winter you try growing a few vegetables i...
A former student scores again
Until the death of the president of Training, Solutions, Inc. in 2020 and the closing of the company, for decades I frequently taught courses in creat...
Search the Scriptures: A good sermon
What makes a sermon good?Seeing as how sermons constitute such a large percentage of our periods of worship, at least in regards to time, it seems sen...
God’s Kids Korner: Lost and found
Have you ever misplaced something? Of course, you have. We have all done that, haven’t we? Perhaps we were reading a book and put it down and th...
Review: Week one in the Legislature
(Editor’s note: This column covers issues discussed last week in the West Virginia Legislature. Week two is now underway.)It was a busy week one...
When a cell phone wasn’t needed
One was in our kitchen and one was on the landing at the top of the stairs in my parents home when I was growing up. They were stationed on the wall a...