Spencer named ‘Officer of the Year’
Celebrating the season in Mason
Filling a need
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
- Prevention coalition updates - 4:34 pm
- Town of Mason curtails excess spending - 4:14 pm
- Mason County Memories: Bend Area hauntings - 3:48 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 3:38 pm
- Mason Harvest Festival scenes - 3:27 pm
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Upcoming events set for FRN - 4:38 pm
- MOVC to celebrate 25th anniversary - 4:36 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Benefit planned for McConihay - 6:27 pm
- Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26 - 5:39 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- PPHS students collect over 6,000 non-perishable food items - 7:18 pm
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- BOE approves agenda items - 5:12 pm
- Celebrating homecoming at PPHS - 10:10 pm updated: 8:01 pm.
- More from PPJ/SHS Homecoming - 10:06 pm
- Wahama royalty - 6:07 pm updated: 6:09 pm.
- Celebrating Wahama Homecoming - 5:59 pm
- Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide - 5:39 pm
- Program to engage students, families, employers - 5:36 pm
Finding the ‘warrior’ within
ROCKSPRINGS — For the last few years, a “Breast Cancer Warrior” has been honored at the Meigs High School Volley for the Cure game. ...
Upcoming events set for FRN
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Family Resource Network (FRN) met on Tuesday afternoon discussing the members’ upcoming events.Teen Inst...
MOVC to celebrate 25th anniversary
POINT PLEASANT — Marshall University’s Mid-Ohio Valley Center (MOVC) has been in operation for 25 years and this coming Monday a celebrati...
Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer Health System announces the addition of Holzer Wound Care Center® to the Gallipolis campus at 100 Jackson Pike, Gallipo...
Benefit planned for McConihay
POINT PLEASANT — Members of the Mason County Fair Board and the Mason County 4-H Leaders are joining together to hold a special benefit bingo ni...
Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26
POINT PLEASANT — Halloween season is in full swing and one way to celebrate this month is to visit Fort Randolph on its special open date.On Sat...
Week 8 prep football scores
WEST VIRGINIABerkeley Springs 40, Hampshire 12Bluefield 35, Tazewell, Va. 7Braxton County 21, Grafton 14Bridgeport 49, Elkins 14Buffalo 13, Tolsia 6Ca...
Blue Devils blast Rock Hill, 48-7
PEDRO, Ohio — Spreading the wealth.The Gallia Academy football team had 11 different players touch the ball on offense on Friday night in Lawren...
Eagles roll past Miller, 49-14
HEMLOCK, Ohio — Connect four complete.The Eastern football team won its fourth straight decision on Friday in Perry County, with the Eagles defe...
Vikings blank River Valley, 30-0
McARTHUR, Ohio — Another night of offensive struggles.The River Valley football team was held scoreless for a third consecutive game as host Vin...
Wildcats scratch Southern, 42-12
RACINE, Ohio —The Tornadoes simply dug themselves into a hole too deep to escape.The Southern football team trailed Tri-Valley Conference Hockin...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Leon Luckies celebrate ‘National 4-H Week’
The Leon Luckies kicked off National 4-H Week, which is from Oct. 6-12, by presenting all Leon Elementary students in grades kindergarten-sixth grades...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...
A Hunger for More: Spirituality is a practical affair
Spirituality is a practical affair. Does that sound like a strange statement? Often, when talking about spiritual things with people, someone will exp...
She was more than just a dog
The air has turned crisp as the sun rises and sets each day, and my yard is filled with leaves from a gigantic maple tree that stands behind my house,...
Breasts and a need to know
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know the stories of survivors of this disease as well as the stories of several women who did not live. An...
Hostas are problem-solvers for shade
Hosta is a perennial foliage plant so well known and widely planted that many gardeners take it for granted. There are over 3000 named varieties, all ...