Launching Rio into Gallia history
A different kind of art
Southside development meeting
Bob Evans Farm Festival celebrates Appalachia
Fire Prevention Week
- Concerns over railway crossing - 6:59 pm
- Honoring law enforcement - 6:10 pm
- Mason Council talks collapsing storm drains - 5:09 pm
- Mason County Memories: One war ends and another begins - 2:25 pm
- Rio to launch See, Hear, Speak - 7:37 pm
- Kicking off the holiday shopping season - 5:48 pm
- FRN discusses upcoming events - 5:45 pm
- Homeless youth awareness - 7:14 pm
- Town hall meeting set for Sunday - 7:06 pm
- Gregg graduates from FEMA Academy - 6:47 pm
- New Haven looks at updates to charter - 6:42 pm
- Celebrating the season - 6:11 pm
- Board of Education approves agenda items - 5:42 pm
- Tales in the tavern returns - 5:39 pm
- Scenes from the Mason Harvest Festival - 1:58 pm
- Man wanted in series of reported crimes - 7:54 pm updated: 7:57 pm.
- Last day for voters to register - 5:31 pm
- A different kind of art - 5:05 pm
- Wahama Homecoming Royalty - 4:14 pm
- Wahama homecoming parade - 4:11 pm
- Scenes from Community Family Fun Day - 4:04 pm
- Silver Bridge Mural to be dedicated - 8:00 pm
- Southside development meeting - 6:59 pm
- Fire Prevention Week in Mason - 5:20 pm
- ‘Officer of the Year’ to be chosen at annual banquet - 5:18 pm
Gregg graduates from FEMA Academy
EMMITSBURG, Md. — Matthew Gregg, of Mason County, recently graduated from FEMA’s National Emergency Management Advanced Academy (NEMAA) at...
New Haven looks at updates to charter
NEW HAVEN — The need to revise and update the town charter was discussed when the New Haven Town Council held its most recent meeting.The subjec...
Celebrating the season
MASON — The frost is on the pumpkin and last weekend locals were celebrating the season at Mason’s Harvest Festival. The day was a chilly ...
Board of Education approves agenda items
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Board of Education recently met for a regular business meeting, voting on personnel issues.The school board me...
Tales in the tavern returns
POINT PLEASANT — As Halloween approaches, many people are searching out different ways to celebrate this harvest season.During Fort RandolphR...
Scenes from the Mason Harvest Festival
The iron skillet sling is a popular contest among the women at the Mason Harvest Festival. Winners in the event were Chandra Stanley, first place; Sta...
Bobcats breeze past Bowling Green, 49-14
The Ohio football team celebrated homecoming in style on Saturday inside Peden Stadium, as the Bobcats rolled to a 49-14 victory over Mid-American Con...
Ohio now offering multiyear and lifetime hunting and fishing licenses
Are they worth it?For the first time ever, effective Oct. 9, Ohio’s hunters and anglers have the option to buy long-term hunting and fishing lic...
Point hammers Hillbillies, 49-0
MAN, W.Va. — A swell way to return to your own neck of the woods.The Point Pleasant football team churned out 410 yards of total offense and pos...
Week 9 OVP Football Box Scores
Gallia Academy 36, Ironton 33GA631215—36IHS02067—33Scoring SummaryFirst QuarterGA: Lane Pullins 3 run (run failed) 10:17Second QuarterI: S...
Week 10 Prep Football Scores
OHIOAkr. Buchtel 42, Akr. Ellet 6Akr. Hoban 51, Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 6Akr. Manchester 42, Loudonville 19Akr. Springfield 20, Akr. Coventry 13Al...
Belpre turns back Eagles, 30-7
BELPRE, Ohio — The Golden Eagles figured if they couldn’t have a winning streak, then nobody should.One week after having its five-game wi...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — On October 16, 2018, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common sh...
Charles M. and Caitlin P. Towner announce the birth of their daughter, Mary Kathryn Elizabeth Towner. Mary Kate was born September 19, 2018, at 3:15 a...
Flatrock fire department visits Roosevelt
Every year during National Fire Prevention week Flatrock Fire Department visits Roosevelt Elementary School.Tim Click, Roosevelt Elementary principal,...
Mason County teen entrepreneurs
Teens from 25 West Virginia counties participated in the 41st annual high school Entrepreneurship Summit at Horseshoe Leadership Center this summer.Du...
Paw Patrol event planned to benefit River Museum
POINT PLEASANT — Farmer Bank in Point Pleasant will be hosting an open house and Paw Patrol event to benefit the Point Pleasant River Museum.The...
A Hunger for More: Take the mask off and come clean
In this, the end of October, many a masked child can be seen stalking throughout the various corners of southern Ohio, in passionate searches of the s...
Anyone polling God?
Many are gauging opinions through a multitude of opinion polls these days. Opinion polls drive politics. Opinion polls drive manufacturing. Opinion po...
Teen testimony: We need each other
One of the most beautiful things about the Church is the opportunity to serve the Lord together. We can’t do it alone. We need each other.“...
Teaching lessons at 105 years old
Happy Birthday, Miss Merz. My former teacher will be celebrating her 105th birthday in late October. I’m nearing 80 myself but am still learning...
A ‘buyer’s guide’ for National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month
October is national Adopt a Shelter Dog month.The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the American Humane Associatio...
Honoring the survivors and the ‘survived by’
Every year, Ohio Valley Publishing attempts to raise awareness of breast cancer with this annual, special edition which, among providing health care t...