Claflin grants for 2018
Creativity, craftsmanship in welding projects
Remembering the ‘Reason for the Season’
Trust and love: Weapons against teen suicide
Remembering Pearl Harbor
- High speed pursuit ends in river crash - 10:08 pm
- Claflin grants for 2018 - 6:13 pm
- Shelter Pets of the Week - 5:17 pm
- Mason County Memories: ‘It folded like a deck of cards…’ - 12:59 pm
- Creativity, craftsmanship in welding projects - 7:04 pm
- ‘Voices of Christmas’ ring Saturday - 5:00 pm updated: 5:05 pm.
- Memorial benches for splash pad - 4:18 pm
- New Christmas tradition in Town of Mason - 3:15 pm
- Gingerbread house fun at MCCC - 5:32 pm
- Remembering ‘the 46’…Silver Bridge remembrance ceremony Saturday - 4:58 pm
- Rio education students host food drive - 4:21 pm
- Annual Christmas Gala returns Thursday - 5:24 pm
- Celebrating the holiday home tour - 4:35 pm
- Point Council recognizes PPHS football: Sallaz appointed to serve in first ward - 4:24 pm
- Williams keynotes MCCF 2018 Benefit Dinner - 4:17 pm
- Ohio History Day comes to Rio - 3:16 pm
- Runners wrap 2018 series, prepare for 2019 - 2:24 pm
- PPHS receives ‘Safe Sports School’ award - 1:43 pm
- Local students nearing fundraising goal - 6:04 pm
- PVH awarded Joint Commission accreditation for New Swing Bed Program - 2:02 pm updated: 4:01 pm.
- Remembering the ‘Reason for the Season’ - 12:34 pm
- Bend Area Christmas Parades - 10:54 am
- Farm museum lights open now until Dec.16 - 6:57 pm
- Giving warmth to those in need - 4:01 pm
- Remembering Pearl Harbor - 3:57 pm
Remembering ‘the 46’…Silver Bridge remembrance ceremony Saturday
POINT PLEASANT — The annual remembrance ceremony which will observe the 51st anniversary of the Silver Bridge Disaster will take place this Satu...
Rio education students host food drive
RIO GRANDE — Students in the University of Rio Grande’s Bunce School of Education are working to make a difference in Southeast Ohio. As p...
Annual Christmas Gala returns Thursday
POINT PLEASANT — The annual Christmas Gala is set to return this Thursday at the Gallery at 409.The sixth annual event will take place from 6 p....
Celebrating the holiday home tour
GALLIPOLIS — The festivities continued in Gallipolis with the French Art Colony Holiday Tour Friday evening.Before beginning the tour, visitors ...
Point Council recognizes PPHS football: Sallaz appointed to serve in first ward
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant City Council recently met for its regularly scheduled meeting appointing a new council member for the first ...
Williams keynotes MCCF 2018 Benefit Dinner
MASON — Hershel “Woody” Williams was this year’s special guest speaker for the 2018 Community Foundation of Mason County (MCCF...
Marauders fall at Alexander, 64-53
ALBANY, Ohio — The roller-coaster start continues.The Meigs boys basketball team is back to .500 on the year, after dropping a 64-53 decision to...
Buffalo rallies past Hannan, 72-61
ASHTON, W.Va. — Good things did not come in these threes.Buffalo hit eight trifectas during a pivotal 32-15 third quarter charge that ultimately...
Rebels fend off Federal Hocking, 58-48
MERCERVILLE, Ohio —Despite the slow start, the Rebels are back in the win column.The South Gallia boys basketball team trailed by eight points a...
Blue Devils fall at Ironton, 59-57
IRONTON, Ohio — A painful bump on the conference road.The Gallia Academy boys basketball team trailed the final 27-plus minutes of regulation as...
Meigs marches past Lady Raiders, 55-23
BIDWELL, Ohio — That Lady Marauder defense did it again.For the third time this season, the Meigs girls basketball team has held an opponent to ...
Fighting Social Security identity theft
CHARLESTON — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey joined a group of 43 attorneys general in urging the Social Security Administration...
Ribbon cutting for new Dollar General
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — Dollar General’s newest store at 7809 Ripley Road in Point Pleasant is now open.Dollar General will celebrate the ...
Swain named to NSBA Leadership Council
GALLIPOLIS — Scott Swain, TCS Forestry, Gallipolis, was recently named to the National Small Business Association (NSBA) Leadership Council.NSBA...
Students at PPPS participate in ‘Colonial Days’ activities
Rob Jarrell sharing some of his talents with PPPS students.Some of the staff celebrated colonial days by dressing in period clothing, including some o...
Scenes from Mason County Family Christmas
Over the weekend, the annual Mason County Family Christmas was held at the old Central Elementary School. Guests at the event were able to participate...
PPPS celebrates bus safety week
Point Pleasant Primary School’s staff and students recently celebrated bus safety week with a visit from two of the school’s bus driver fr...
God’s Kids Korner: Time for a change!
God sent a man named John to tell the people that a very special person was coming to help those who needed help. The person coming was Jesus, GodR...
Not all animals exist to please humans
In addition to dogs, there were other animals I encountered while working at Animal TV Trainers in Washington, DC. From 1963 to 1966. Margays and Ocel...
Santa is big business—too big
Before the 1840s, Christmas was about the birth of Jesus, get-togethers with family and friends, and celebrating the holiday with favorite foods.Accor...
Christ is God’s perfect star
The stars viewed at night are a wondrous sight. It is a compelling experience to observe them in their particular configurations and to consider their...
Search the Scriptures: God’s Exhortation to You
It is highly recommended, when studying the Bible, that the diligent student pays close attention to the context of any given passage, duly noting who...
A Hunger for More: Celebrating hope, joy and peace
The black velvet of night’s shadows swathes the little town in a quiet embrace. Occasionally, were one to simply listen, all that can be heard a...