The local ‘farmers market’
Mason County currently at zero ‘active’ COVID cases… Social distancing still recommended
Placing the Memorial Day Flags
Remembering the heroes
- Mason County Memories: Mason County Veterans Project launched - 5:36 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 4:40 pm
- West Virginia governor moves to allow youth sports with fans - 3:30 pm
- Hope for Ohio fairs as W.Va. awaits announcment - 1:55 pm
- A letter to students while learning at a distance - 12:45 pm
- Wanted: General news assignment reporter - 7:53 pm
- Almost 5K West Virginians file for unemployment aid - 4:16 pm
- Tradition continues - 3:55 pm
- BOE discusses summer programs, coaching contracts - 3:27 pm
- Animal shelter reopens with limitations - 3:24 pm
- BOE receives sports medicine proposals - 5:33 pm
- Placing the Memorial Day Flags - 4:15 pm updated: 7:30 pm.
- State releases guidance for reopening swimming pools - 3:59 pm
- Mason Council discusses July 4th plans - 3:56 pm
- Impact of COVID-19 on construction industry - 12:50 pm
- Stuckey’s Guppies & More opens in Point - 12:44 pm
- OVB donates masks to Holzer facilities - 10:49 am
- OVB ‘BANKit’ recognizes program winners - 10:42 am
- Early voting underway - 6:43 pm
- West Virginia reports almost 50 virus cases at prison - 5:49 pm
- Wahama hosts awards night - 4:13 pm
- Go take a hike! - 4:10 pm
- Fort Randolph to open this weekend - 3:56 pm
- West Virginia elections officials looking for poll workers - 3:50 pm
- Ohio Valley History: An unseen enemy - 5:14 pm updated: 5:19 pm.
Animal shelter reopens with limitations
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Animal Shelter is now open with limitations.The shelter will be open noon - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday. The shelte...
BOE receives sports medicine proposals
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Board of Education listened to proposals from two area sports medicine providers during its meeting on Tuesday...
Placing the Memorial Day Flags
OHIO VALLEY — Flags waving in cemeteries across the country are a familiar site on Memorial Day. As families and friends place flowers on the gr...
State releases guidance for reopening swimming pools
CHARLESTON — Gov. Jim Justice’s office released guidelines for reopening public swimming pools in Week 5, which began Monday morning. Swim...
Mason Council discusses July 4th plans
MASON — Independence Day activities were discussed when the Mason Town Council held its most recent meeting.Attending were Mayor Donna Dennis, R...
Impact of COVID-19 on construction industry
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Planning is key in the construction industry — but there wasn’t a blueprint for handling the impact of the coron...
OHSAA expanding football playoffs in 2021
COLUMBUS, Ohio – During its May meeting Wednesday afternoon, the Ohio High School Athletic Association Board of Directors voted unanimously to e...
Meigs nets 3 all-academic picks
Meigs High School had three players named to the 2020 Southeast Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association all-academic squad, which was released F...
OHSAA girls basketball tournament headed to Dayton
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The University of Dayton Arena will host the Ohio High School Athletic Association girls basketball state tournament for the ne...
Miller wins WVSWA Huff Award
SPENCER, W.Va. — Alex Miller has been selected winner of the 2020 Doug Huff Award from the West Virginia Sports Writers Association.Miller, a Ro...
Southern Ohio Copperheads pledge to keep baseball in southeast Ohio
ATHENS, Ohio — The Southern Ohio Copperheads revealed on April 22 there would be no baseball played in the Bob Wren Stadium this summer. The com...
Hesson named All-OVC in tennis
CENTENARY, Ohio — It’s not a participation medal, but rather an honor for staying committed throughout the years.The Ohio Valley Conferenc...
Free vein screening at Holzer
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The next Holzer Vein Screening will be held at Gallipolis, Ohio, on Tuesday, June 9 from 4-6 p.m. Appointments are required f...
Haer Bears: ‘Making do with what we have to give’
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic spreading across the United States, the Haer Bears 4-H Club has not been able to hold a monthly meeting in person or hold...
Hill named county OVB Scholar
POINT PLEASANT — Josie Hill, of Henderson, was recently named the Mason recipient of the 2020 Ohio Valley Bank 4-H Scholarship.Hill is the daugh...
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The latest livestock report from United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: April...
County Democratic Conventions to be held virtually
In light of the global health pandemic and the rising numbers of COVID-19 in West Virginia, County Democratic Conventions will now be held virtually v...
A Hunger for More: The ‘still more excellent way’
Once more has a senseless loss crashed down upon us the torrential reality of fear, mistrust, and disharmony in our country. The words, “I can...
God’s Kids Korner: Day of Pentecost
Sunday is a special day that many churches celebrate: Pentecost. Jesus had promised His Disciples that He would send someone to help them after He was...
When, how to feed your plants
There’s no better way to feed your plants than mixing the fertilizer with the soil when you plant. This has a “timed-release” effect...
Fill that vase when you can
My Nannie Margaret used to call Memorial Day, “Decoration Day.” As a child, my mother would drive her to cemeteries to place flowers, Amer...
Search the Scriptures: Bless the mess
The Bible is a book full of truth, able to completely equip the man of God for the work of the Lord (cf. 2 Timothy 3:17). The work of the Lord covers ...
Cross Words: Sovereign in the silence, XIII
Who or what is the source of your joy? Faulty joy leads to sinful choices.“And Haman went out that day joyful and glad of heart. But when Haman ...