Area high schools receive NATA’s ‘Safe Sports School Award’
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- Mason County Chamber of Commerce holds luncheon - 4:38 pm
- Seniors receive food assistance - 3:22 pm
- PVH installs medication disposal bin - 12:57 pm
- ‘In Flanders Fields’ - 4:39 pm
- Early voting begins in New Haven - 11:07 am
- Wahama inducts NHS members, recognizes seniors - 11:04 am
- 2 win state essay contest - 11:03 am
- Hannan band participates in competition - 10:47 am
- Outdoor Youth Expo returns - 12:34 pm
- Wahama presents spring concert - 12:31 pm
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Commissioners make donation to river museum - 9:43 am
- Mason Council discusses auction, community service - 8:44 am
- Hannan Prom royalty crowned - 10:38 am
- Summer feeding program available for children - 3:51 pm
- Moose Lodge benefits graduates - 3:33 pm
- Prevention Coalition discusses projects - 10:41 am
- Wahama Prom royalty crowned - 4:55 pm
- Outdoor Youth Expo to return - 3:20 pm
- Golf scramble fundraiser set for June - 10:55 am
- Area high schools recognized for seat belt usage - 9:23 am
- New Haven Council discusses pool, park upgrades - 9:10 am
- Second arrest made in homicide case - 8:56 am
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
Wahama presents spring concert
The Wahama Concert Choir, under the direction of Rachel Reynolds, performed during the Spring Concert Showcase at the school on Sunday. Several of Rey...
Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman
POINT PLEASANT — A candlelight vigil for Grace Allison Smith, who has been missing since Feb. 23, will be held Thursday, 8 p.m., on the steps of...
123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
Editor’s note: Due to recent changes in the frequency of data reported by the Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Valley Publishing’s COVID Up...
Commissioners make donation to river museum
Members of the Mason County Commission recently presented a $10,000 donation to the future home of the Point Pleasant River Museum and Lakin Ray Cook ...
Mason Council discusses auction, community service
MASON — Street sweeping, an upcoming auction, and a community service opportunity were all discussed when members of the Mason Town Council held...
Hannan Prom royalty crowned
Hannan High School students and their invited guests recently attended the Junior-Senior Prom. Royalty crowned during the evening were Queen Allie Cad...
Familiar faces await Wahama
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Until last year, it took forever for the Lady Falcons to reach the state tournament.The defending champs didn’t ...
White Falcons mercy Man, 10-0
MASON, W.Va. — One more win, and it’s off to Charleston.The Wahama baseball team started its regional play in a big way, with a 10-0 home ...
Ohio teams headed to regionals
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — And they’re moving on up.Gallia Academy, Meigs and River Valley all had athletes advance to the regional level last we...
Locals land 18 on TVC Hocking teams
The Ohio Valley Publishing area landed 18 total selections on the All-Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Division baseball and softball teams for the 2022 ...
Wahama’s Gerlach wins 2 titles
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — One competitor. Two medals.Wahama junior Rowen Gerlach became the first member of the boys track and field team to win an in...
Lady Wildcats compete at state meet
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Not very often you get to compete for a state title.The Hannan girls track and field team had one individual and one relay t...
Hannan FFA students awarded on state level
ASHTON — Students in the Hannan Junior/Senior High School Future Farmers of America (FFA) took home first place honors during a recent competiti...
Shelter Pets of the Week
Roo Roo and Sally are this week’s Shelter Pets of the Week, available for adoption at the Mason County Animal Shelter. Adoption fees cover spay ...
Writers Guild pays tribute to Ingerick
POINT PLEASANT — Members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild met recently and shared various topics of conversation along with their latest writ...
Moose fundraiser benefits domestic violence shelter
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant Moose Lodge #731’s recent charity benefit for Square One of Gallipolis, Ohio raised over $2,000.Severa...
YLA students visit Charleston
POINT PLEASANT — Local Mason County students returned from a three-day experience in Charleston with the Youth Leadership Association (YLA) 8th ...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
God’s Kids Korner: Filled with the Holy Spirit
Before Jesus returned to heaven to be with his Father, He told his disciples in John 14:12 that they would do even greater things than He had done whe...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...
Search the Scriptures: Reasonable people in unreasonable times
It should not be surprising that this fallen world, being at odds as it is with its Creator, is a contentious realm filled with unhappiness, strife an...
God’s Kids Korner: Happy Mother’s Day
I am sure that all of you know that it is Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. You will probably give your mother a card or a present. Someplace on ...
The tribulations we experience are par for the course
Jesus Christ was very honest with us when He said that “in the world you shall have tribulation.” It is a literal truth that cannot be den...