From dope dealer to hope dealer
Riding for a cause
Library story time
Mothman Festival welcomes Fallout, Bethesda
Dalton named 2018 PPHS Homecoming Queen
- Ringing the bell of recovery - 6:30 pm
- OVB to break ground on Bend Area office - 5:34 pm
- Mason moves to second phase of wastewater upgrade project - 4:36 pm
- Breast cancer awareness events planned - 4:18 pm
- One weekend, two fall festivals - 4:04 pm
- UTURN concert ministries event tonight - 7:54 pm
- Emancipation Celebration schedule set - 6:10 pm
- Mothman festival brings in thousands - 5:33 pm
- Former Mason County Deputy sentenced to prison - 3:59 pm
- RXQ Compounding expanding in Albany - 9:05 pm
- ‘Songs of Rural America’ Symphony to have world premiere - 8:34 pm
- Riding for a cause - 5:01 pm
- Logan man indicted for murder of wife - 4:13 pm updated: 4:24 pm.
- Munchkin City opens in Middleport - 2:28 pm
- Vallee receives Dorothy Royce Award - 2:03 pm
- Edward Jones financial advisors and families donate to Make-A-Wish - 2:02 pm
- Holzer celebrates National Security Officer Appreciation Week - 1:58 pm
- Public safety exercise to take place Saturday - 9:44 am
- Cruisin’ Saturday Night Car Show held in Racine - 5:16 pm
- Consumers alerted to increase in IRS scam calls - 2:18 pm
- Celebrate Recovery to celebrate 6th anniversary - 2:05 pm
- Two arrested at traffic stop - 1:34 pm
- Library story time - 1:33 pm
- Thomas Arts Trail dedicated in memory of local artist - 9:39 pm
- Board of Education approves agenda items - 7:30 pm
RXQ Compounding expanding in Albany
ALBANY — An Albany-area business is expanding, bringing additional jobs to the region.Founded in 2014 by local pharmacist and businessman Ed Zat...
Riding for a cause
RUTLAND TWP. — Nearly 150 people gathered near Rutland this weekend to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.The 23rd annu...
Logan man indicted for murder of wife
LOGAN — Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Hocking County Prosecutor Benjamin E. Fickel announced, in a news release on Wednesday afternoon, ...
Munchkin City opens in Middleport
MIDDLEPORT — “There’s no place like home … except Munchkin City”That is the motto for the new Munchkin City Day Care whi...
Vallee receives Dorothy Royce Award
Each year, the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice recognizes outstanding individuals for the exemplary service and care they provide. The dedicati...
Blue Devils pound Portsmouth, 34-7
CENTENARY, Ohio — Power running at its finest.The Gallia Academy football team carried the ball 59 times and chalked up 333 yards on Friday nigh...
Meigs halts Lady Raiders
BIDWELL, Ohio — What goes around, comes around.The Meigs volleyball team — which dropped a five-game decision to River Valley on Aug. 28 &...
Meigs doubles up Raiders, 42-21
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — Despite the delay, the Marauders and Raiders played.The Meigs and River Valley football team battled the elements prior to t...
Point Pleasant pushes past Panthers, 41-34
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. —Big Blacks make big plays.Whether it was an eight-yard touchdown run to tie the game just before the half, a 14-yard scor...
Eastern denies Rebels, 14-13
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — Inside of a minute to go and clinging to a one point lead, the Eastern defense came up big during Friday’s 14-13 Ho...
Main Street Baptist Church welcomes Pastor Rob Grady
Pastor Rob Grady has recently been named the new pastor at Main Street Baptist Church.He grew up in Nitro and his walk with Christ began at the age of...
‘Overdose Awareness Day’
Prestera Center is observing ‘Overdose Awareness Day’ today, Aug. 31 at 1 p.m. at Pinecrest at 5600 U.S. Route Sixty East in Huntington.Th...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild to host Sandy Tritt
According to Sandy Tritt’s biography on her website “Inspiration for Writers, Inc.,” she is the founder and CEO of Inspiration for W...
Kincaid Family Reunion held
The third annual reunion of the family of Wayne and Margaret Kincaid was held Aug. 19 at the home of their son, Eddie. After a potluck meal, the after...
Rebecca Lee Sturm, daughter of Larry and the late Florence Sturm of Pedlar Mills, Va., married Lesley Wilson Farley, son of Paul R. Farley and the lat...
God’s Kids Korner: Who’s the Greatest?
One day, we hear in Mark 9:33-37, that the disciples were walking along the road with Jesus, and they began arguing among themselves. Jesus overheard ...
Teen testimony: A Message to Coffee Mugs
As an avid coffee drinker, I know what makes a good cup of coffee. It all begins with a good brand of coffee grounds. I prefer McDonald’s. Then,...
Search the Scriptures: Where are you walking?
One of the metaphors used throughout the Bible, and one perhaps not fully appreciated by our modern sensibilities is that of “walking.”Con...
No news is okay, for a little while
Through reasons that were beyond our control, we were without telephone or Internet service for a few days last week. It began late on a Friday aftern...
September Veterans of the Month
Our veterans of the month are Jimmy Carter, United States Navy, and Calvin Minnis, United States Army.These civilians, Jimmy Carter and Calvin Minnis,...
A ‘community’ is just a ‘place’ if the newspaper dies
“You don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s gone.” The old adage came to mind as I thought about my local newspaper ...