Filling a need
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
Electrical upgrades completed on cross in Pomeroy
Northup named ‘Teacher of the Year’ by Post #9926
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Upcoming events set for FRN - 4:38 pm
- MOVC to celebrate 25th anniversary - 4:36 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Benefit planned for McConihay - 6:27 pm
- Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26 - 5:39 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- PPHS students collect over 6,000 non-perishable food items - 7:18 pm
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- BOE approves agenda items - 5:12 pm
- Celebrating homecoming at PPHS - 10:10 pm updated: 8:01 pm.
- More from PPJ/SHS Homecoming - 10:06 pm
- Wahama royalty - 6:07 pm updated: 6:09 pm.
- Celebrating Wahama Homecoming - 5:59 pm
- Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide - 5:39 pm
- Program to engage students, families, employers - 5:36 pm
- Farm festivities in Gallia - 6:16 pm
- October is National Dwarfism Awareness month - 8:02 pm
- Hosting Halloween fun - 5:14 pm
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day - 4:05 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 3:51 pm
Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26
POINT PLEASANT — Halloween season is in full swing and one way to celebrate this month is to visit Fort Randolph on its special open date.On Sat...
Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect
OHIO — Ohio’s new “Tobacco 21” law takes effect on Thursday, Oct. 17, raising the age to purchase cigarettes, other tobacco pr...
PPHS students collect over 6,000 non-perishable food items
POINT PLEASANT — During this year’s homecoming season, the Point Pleasant Junior/Senior High School (PPJ/SHS) students participated in a &...
Celebrating the road to recovery
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer Health System joined the National Rehabilitation Awareness Foundation, sponsor of National Rehabilitation Awareness Celebrat...
BOE approves agenda items
POINT PLEASANT —The Mason County Board of Education members recently met for a regular business meeting, voting on personnel issues.The school b...
Celebrating homecoming at PPHS
Point Pleasant Junior/Senior High School recognized its homecoming court during halftime activities Friday night. Carlee Sang, daughter of Brent and J...
Blue Angels sweep Athens in sectional semi
CENTENARY, Ohio — The postseason starts with a sweep.The second-seeded Gallia Academy volleyball team — Ohio Valley Conference champions a...
Black Knights top Capital, 3-1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A really good road win.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team notched its fifth consecutive victory and moved over the .500 mar...
Blue Angels ousted by Warren, 3-1
VINCENT, Ohio — A second season in the books.The Gallia Academy girls soccer team — co-champion of the Ohio Valley Conference — had ...
Lady Knights win 20th match, sweep OVCS
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Nothing dirty about this dozen.The Point Pleasant volleyball team was down 1-0 in the opening game, then never trailed t...
Rio’s Gioffre earns all-tourney honor
McDERMOTT, Ohio — University of Rio Grande senior Rafaella Gioffre shot a 12-over par 84 on Tuesday to record a second place finish individually...
Rio men take 6th place in fall finale
McDERMOTT, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande men’s golf team closed out its fall schedule on Tuesday with a sixth place finish in the Ro...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Leon Luckies celebrate ‘National 4-H Week’
The Leon Luckies kicked off National 4-H Week, which is from Oct. 6-12, by presenting all Leon Elementary students in grades kindergarten-sixth grades...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...
A Hunger for More: Spirituality is a practical affair
Spirituality is a practical affair. Does that sound like a strange statement? Often, when talking about spiritual things with people, someone will exp...
She was more than just a dog
The air has turned crisp as the sun rises and sets each day, and my yard is filled with leaves from a gigantic maple tree that stands behind my house,...
Breasts and a need to know
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know the stories of survivors of this disease as well as the stories of several women who did not live. An...
Hostas are problem-solvers for shade
Hosta is a perennial foliage plant so well known and widely planted that many gardeners take it for granted. There are over 3000 named varieties, all ...