Silver Bridge remembrance: Annual ceremony planned for Dec. 15
A bicentennial Christmas in flowers
Holiday home tour
Small Business Saturday
The countdown is on
- Point Christmas parade, tree lighting held - 3:57 pm
- Christmas in Mason, New Haven - 2:21 pm
- Christmas arrives in Point Pleasant - 8:21 pm
- Mason County Memories: A brief history of Point Pleasant II - 4:57 pm
- Students ‘Get Up and Go’ - 4:55 pm
- School choirs to perform - 4:51 pm
- Celebrating ‘A Colonial Christmas’ - 6:29 pm
- Elementary students to perform Christmas programs - 6:11 pm
- Lloyd chosen as ‘EMT of the Year’ - 4:33 pm
- CNA graduating class celebrated - 4:07 pm
- Is it enough? - 1:43 pm
- Commissioners approve FD assistance - 6:00 pm
- Gingerbread decorating begins - 5:57 pm
- Biblical floats to be featured in parades - 5:50 pm
- Ceremony to remember Pearl Harbor - 5:47 pm
- Maestro for a Moment returns to Ariel - 5:44 pm updated: 5:55 pm.
- Ribbon cutting for ‘Florida Bill’s’ - 4:57 pm
- A bicentennial Christmas in flowers - 1:13 pm
- ‘O Christmas Tree’…at Gunn Park - 5:44 pm
- Wreaths Across America - 5:33 pm
- Bend Area CARE Christmas Concert Sunday - 5:32 pm
- Christmas lunch featured event for seniors - 5:29 pm
- Tip sought in 2013 hunting death - 5:21 pm
- Blood drives planned during December - 8:38 am
- Latest flu numbers reported - 5:11 pm
CNA graduating class celebrated
POINT PLEASANT — Pleasant Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (PVNRC) and Mountain State Educational Services recently celebrated their sec...
Is it enough?
The Christian testimony is a critical facet of the Church stated and exemplified by the individual members of the Church. Generally explained, the tes...
Commissioners approve FD assistance
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Commissioners voted to assist the New Haven Fire Department for furnace replacement during their meeting on Tu...
Gingerbread decorating begins
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Career Center’s culinary students are in the process of creating their gingerbread structures for the ho...
Biblical floats to be featured in parades
BEND AREA — Eleven churches will come together to make sure those attending parades in the Bend Area on Saturday remember the true meaning of Ch...
Ceremony to remember Pearl Harbor
MASON — A ceremony remembering Pearl Harbor will be held Saturday at the levee of the Stewart-Johnson V.F.W./Lottie Jenks Memorial Park in Mason...
Tornadoes turn back Waterford, 56-40
RACINE, Ohio — A second half surge for win No. 1.The Southern boys basketball team went into halftime of Friday’s Tri-Valley Conference Ho...
South Gallia tops Lady Tornadoes, 50-39
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — The longer the game went, the stronger the Lady Rebels became.The South Gallia girls basketball team trailed Tri-Valley Conf...
Eastern’s Dishong signs with Rio track and field
Eastern senior Mason Dishong, seated second from right, will be continuing his track and field career after signing with Rio Grande on Thursday, Dec. ...
Buckeyes roll past Southern, 51-39
NELSONVILLE, Ohio — It was practically over after it started.Host Nelsonville-York made an 18-2 first quarter run and never looked back on Tuesd...
2019 All-Ohio football teams
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio Prep Sports Writers Association has released its 2019 All-Ohio football teams, featuring eight players from Meigs Coun...
Royalty collecting for animal shelter
POINT PLEASANT — One local royalty group is taking it upon themselves this holiday season to collect donations for the Mason County Animal Shelt...
From the archives: Leon Farm Women’s Club
From the archives of the Leon Farm Women’s Club, the late Anna Lee Douglas wrote the history of her membership in the Farm Women’s Club, l...
Camp Conley CEOS news
On Oct. 15 the Camp Conley CEOS Club members met at the Church of God Ministry Center for their monthly meeting. Mary Artis served refreshments to Dar...
Leon CEOS discuss events
LEON — Leon Community Education Outreach Service (CEOS) president, Helen Lyons, gave advice on “creating a festive atmosphere” at th...
Pleasant CEOS Club news
The Pleasant Community Educational Outreach Service (CEOS) met at the home of Catherine Yauger on Nov. 14. The hostess served a Thanksgiving dinner.To...
A Hunger for More: God has blessed you
It’s an odd time of year. Officially, as we head into the holiday season, we have high expectations for good feelings that somehow are supposed ...
Cross Words: Jesus understands temptation
Christmas is a time to celebrate the coming of God into our world. Theologians call it the incarnation. It’s a fancy word representing both the ...
God’s Kids Korner: Love came down at Christmas
This Sunday is the second Sunday of Advent. Remember from last week, we talked about Advent being the weeks before Christmas when we prepare ourselves...
Butler on proposed ‘Fairness Act’
Early this week I learned about a meeting that concerns me greatly. It should concern all West Virginians because it was advocating for a new law that...
Declining NAEP test score confirms need for education reform
In my experience, when people preface a statement with, “I’m not making excuses, but…,” you can safely bet they’re about...
Fear is our issue
I can remember from an early age wondering why people were afraid of so many things. Most of the things they seemed afraid of, being unpopular, being ...