Area high schools receive NATA’s ‘Safe Sports School Award’
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- Summer feeding program available for children - 3:51 pm
- Moose Lodge benefits graduates - 3:33 pm
- Prevention Coalition discusses projects - 10:41 am
- Wahama Prom royalty crowned - 4:55 pm
- Outdoor Youth Expo to return - 3:20 pm
- Golf scramble fundraiser set for June - 10:55 am
- Area high schools recognized for seat belt usage - 9:23 am
- New Haven Council discusses pool, park upgrades - 9:10 am
- Second arrest made in homicide case - 8:56 am
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- Countywide clean-up day set for Saturday - 1:13 pm
- Point Pleasant Prom royalty crowned - 12:37 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- City Council discusses summer projects, events - 9:56 am
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Mason County Memories… Main Street plans historic home tour - 12:20 pm
- New equipment, sign erected at park - 11:31 am updated: 3:46 pm.
- ‘Music in the Park’ series announced - 11:29 am updated: 3:47 pm.
- 4-H members help to clean cemetery - 10:56 am
- Mason Co. unofficial Primary Election results - 10:35 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- VFW hosts dinner, awards - 12:36 pm
- 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Mason Council recognizes Barnitz - 12:26 pm
- Home, garden show coming Saturday - 11:17 am
‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The West Virginia Vietnam Veterans Traveling Wall will be at The Quality Inn in Gallipolis on Friday and Saturday.The display...
Countywide clean-up day set for Saturday
MASON COUNTY — Three entities are joining forces to help residents clear their homes and properties of unwanted items, just in time for the summ...
Point Pleasant Prom royalty crowned
Students at Point Pleasant High School and their invited guests celebrated the Junior-Senior Prom on Saturday evening, with the theme “A Knight ...
Dinner cruise tickets now on sale
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Point Pleasant River Museum has announced plans for a dinner cruise on July 25 aboard the Belle of Cincinnati.The Di...
City Council discusses summer projects, events
POINT PLEASANT — The city of Point Pleasant held their regular city council meeting last week at city hall.Present during the meeting were Mayor...
1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
Editor’s note: Due to recent changes in the frequency of data reported by the Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Valley Publishing’s COVID Up...
Lady Falcons blank Man, 2-0
MAN, W.Va. — One more step until the big stage.The Wahama softball team started its regional campaign the right way with a 2-0 road win Tuesday ...
Eastern falls to Huntsmen in 8 innings, 4-3
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — The Eagles just couldn’t finish what they started.The Eastern baseball team built a 3-1 lead through three full frames...
Tornadoes topple Manchester, 6-3
MANCHESTER, Ohio — The trip was perhaps a bit too business casual, but with the deal closed … the next destination will be all about the b...
Wahama wins sectional title
MASON, W.Va. — From the brink of elimination, these Falcons soared.The Wahama baseball team completed a 2-game comeback against the Ravenswood R...
Blue Angels bitten by Athens, 14-3
ATHENS, Ohio — The Blue Angels made their signature comeback … albeit a bit too soon.The Gallia Academy softball team erased a 2-0 deficit...
Warriors rally late, slip past Rio Grande
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — William Jessup (Calif.) University got a pair of big plays late — one with the bat and the other with the glove R...
Hannan FFA students awarded on state level
ASHTON — Students in the Hannan Junior/Senior High School Future Farmers of America (FFA) took home first place honors during a recent competiti...
Shelter Pets of the Week
Roo Roo and Sally are this week’s Shelter Pets of the Week, available for adoption at the Mason County Animal Shelter. Adoption fees cover spay ...
Writers Guild pays tribute to Ingerick
POINT PLEASANT — Members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild met recently and shared various topics of conversation along with their latest writ...
Moose fundraiser benefits domestic violence shelter
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant Moose Lodge #731’s recent charity benefit for Square One of Gallipolis, Ohio raised over $2,000.Severa...
YLA students visit Charleston
POINT PLEASANT — Local Mason County students returned from a three-day experience in Charleston with the Youth Leadership Association (YLA) 8th ...
Search the Scriptures: Reasonable people in unreasonable times
It should not be surprising that this fallen world, being at odds as it is with its Creator, is a contentious realm filled with unhappiness, strife an...
God’s Kids Korner: Happy Mother’s Day
I am sure that all of you know that it is Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. You will probably give your mother a card or a present. Someplace on ...
The tribulations we experience are par for the course
Jesus Christ was very honest with us when He said that “in the world you shall have tribulation.” It is a literal truth that cannot be den...
Search the Scriptures: The Lord’s compassionate command
The heart of Jesus is a heart full of compassion for those who are suffering, even when that suffering is the fault of the one being afflicted and eve...
God’s Kids Korner: Don’t worry!
Have you ever had to stay with a new babysitter while your parents went somewhere for the day or evening? You were nervous and a little bit scared pro...
Shadows sometimes stand on the soul
The following is a repeat of a thought I wrote about several years back:Everything tangible casts a shadow. We often find ourselves positioned in prox...