Preston pleads guilty in vehicular homicide
Point Regatta canceled: Annual festival dissolves after nearly three decades
Art pieces are some kind of ‘gourdeous’
An octave above: PPPS forms handbell choir
Throwback Thursday: Frozen Ohio
- Death investigation underway in Gallia - 6:55 pm updated: 8:00 pm.
- Charity bingo for DARE program - 9:20 pm
- Commission requests more funding for roads - 5:20 pm
- The Great Salt Bend - 11:17 am
- Wastewater upgrade project nears completion - 10:52 am
- A different kind of service - 8:25 pm
- Preston pleads guilty in vehicular homicide - 7:59 pm
- Point man charged with wanton endangerment - 7:22 pm updated: 8:56 pm.
- Broadband internet bill advances in House - 4:53 pm updated: 4:54 pm.
- FRN discusses upcoming events - 5:29 pm
- Students and science: Mobile Ag Education Science Lab visits - 5:15 pm
- This week in the House of Delegates - 4:16 pm
- Coalition discusses SADD chapters - 6:57 pm
- Rice makes top 15 at WVAFF - 6:48 pm
- Fire damages home in Hartford - 10:53 pm
- Princess Prom Program Fashion and Dress Giveaway set - 8:24 pm
- Point Regatta canceled: Annual festival dissolves after nearly three decades - 6:19 pm updated: 8:32 pm.
- Candidate filing period starts in Hartford - 5:54 pm
- Charges dismissed against Columbus man - 6:17 pm updated: 6:19 pm.
- 25th annual Sleighbell Ball to return - 6:13 pm
- Honoring veterans during ‘Wreaths Across America’ - 6:10 pm updated: 6:14 pm.
- Art pieces are some kind of ‘gourdeous’ - 6:07 pm
- Capito announces committee assignments - 5:17 pm updated: 6:24 pm.
- An octave above: PPPS forms handbell choir - 5:16 pm
- Justice proposes cutting Social Security tax - 5:05 pm
FRN discusses upcoming events
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Family Resource Network (FRN) recently met discussing upcoming events within the organization.Bree Ramey, from...
Students and science: Mobile Ag Education Science Lab visits
POINT PLEASANT — Students at a local elementary school have had an exciting week filled with science and hands-on learning.Point Pleasant Interm...
This week in the House of Delegates
CHARLESTON — Yesterday was the eighth day of the legislative session with the following agenda items slated for the House of Delegates to consid...
Coalition discusses SADD chapters
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Prevention Coalition (MCPC) recently met discussing updates of the local Students Against Destructive Decision...
Rice makes top 15 at WVAFF
POINT PLEASANT — A local pageant queen recently ranked in the top 15 at the West Virginia Association of Fair and Festivals (WVAFF) Pageant held...
Fire damages home in Hartford
HARTFORD — A two-story house was heavily damaged by fire Saturday night in the Town of Hartford, according to a spokesman from the New Haven and...
Lancers nip Eastern, 59-57 OT
STEWART, Ohio — An unfortunate feeling of déjà vu.The Eastern boys basketball team — which fell by two points at Wahama on Tuesd...
Tornadoes trip up Belpre, 69-57
RACINE, Ohio — What a difference two weeks can make.The Southern boys basketball team — which dropped a 66-48 decision at Belpre on Jan. 4...
Rebels sweep White Falcons, 63-40
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — Somewhat of a balanced approach.The South Gallia boys basketball team had four players reach double figures and led by doubl...
Alexander rallies past Marauders, 54-41
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — After 15 minutes of play, the Spartans flipped a switch.The Meigs boys basketball team led by 15 points with a minute left i...
Lady Rebels sweep Southern, 48-21
RACINE, Ohio — Turnovers and rebounds decide yet another one.The South Gallia girls basketball team outrebounded Tri-Valley Conference Hocking D...
Marshall food pantry open to federal employees
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Marshall University’s Department of Dietetics will open the doors to its food pantry beginning Saturday, Jan. 19, to f...
Gallia Chamber’s annual awards banquet Jan. 24
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia Chamber of Commerce has announced local businesses and organizations that will be honored at its upcoming 82nd annual Me...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS — On Jan. 15, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common share payable on ...
Camp Conley CEOS news
The Camp Conley CEOS Club had a busy holiday season. Just before Thanksgiving, the members met on Nov. 20, 2018 at the First Church of God. Becky Haer...
Arvon promoted to officer
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Austin P. Arvon was recently promoted to assistant cashier, senior credit analyst. With the promotion, he will continue to wo...
This is where it gets interesting
“And the ass saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went i...
A Hunger for More: God’s aim continues to be unity
Every Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Americans all over this nation pause and reflect on the life and message of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The subj...
Cross Words: Discipleship… Jesus chooses the unlikely
Last week, I wrote about the origin of discipleship. It’s called salvation. My prayer is for everyone to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. B...
God’s Kids Korner: A wedding miracle – John 2: 1-11
Many weddings today are big events where lots of people attend. There is the wedding ceremony, and then there is the wedding reception usually where a...
Do your job!
Most of those who read my column work: paid employment, volunteer work, tasks around the house and yard – work, if left undone – would cre...
Treasures in the trash
I guess you could call me a hoarder, at least when it comes to memorabilia and clothes. I don’t feel like the label fits, but my wife keeps tell...