Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
Electrical upgrades completed on cross in Pomeroy
Northup named ‘Teacher of the Year’ by Post #9926
Farm Festival returns Friday
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Benefit planned for McConihay - 6:27 pm
- Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26 - 5:39 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- PPHS students collect over 6,000 non-perishable food items - 7:18 pm
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- BOE approves agenda items - 5:12 pm
- Celebrating homecoming at PPHS - 10:10 pm updated: 8:01 pm.
- More from PPJ/SHS Homecoming - 10:06 pm
- Wahama royalty - 6:07 pm updated: 6:09 pm.
- Celebrating Wahama Homecoming - 5:59 pm
- Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide - 5:39 pm
- Program to engage students, families, employers - 5:36 pm
- Farm festivities in Gallia - 6:16 pm
- October is National Dwarfism Awareness month - 8:02 pm
- Hosting Halloween fun - 5:14 pm
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day - 4:05 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 3:51 pm
- Mason County Memories: ‘Iron Rails and Iron Men II’ - 3:25 pm
- Electrical upgrades completed on cross in Pomeroy - 1:55 pm
- Wahama 5K Walk/Run for Education set for Oct. 26 - 12:42 pm
- Fire Prevention Week activities - 12:38 pm
- Shelter pets of the week - 11:29 pm
- Homecoming week at PPJ/SHS - 7:44 pm updated: 9:25 pm.
- Free Eastern Redbud trees giveaway - 7:12 pm
Wahama Junior/Senior High School recognized its homecoming court during halftime activities Friday night. Adrianna Stewart, daughter of Rocky and Jess...
Celebrating Wahama Homecoming
The Wahama Homecoming parade was held Thursday evening through the towns of New Haven and Mason. Pictured are some of the football players and coaches...
Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide
RIO GRANDE — The Rio Grande Fire Department reported to an emergency call around 11 a.m. at the Lyne Center of the Rio Grande Community College ...
Program to engage students, families, employers
CHARLESTON — West Virginia business leaders are stepping up to support WV Ready Graduate, a statewide program that prepares high school students...
Farm festivities in Gallia
Workers work beneath the sorghum demonstration barn on the Bob Evans Farm during the 49th annual Bob Evans Farm Festival which began on Friday and con...
October is National Dwarfism Awareness month
POINT PLEASANT — Recently, the Mason County Commission signed a proclamation recognizing October as National Dwarfism Awareness month.Ashley Cos...
Blue Angels ousted by Warren, 3-1
VINCENT, Ohio — A second season in the books.The Gallia Academy girls soccer team — co-champion of the Ohio Valley Conference — had ...
Lady Knights win 20th match, sweep OVCS
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Nothing dirty about this dozen.The Point Pleasant volleyball team was down 1-0 in the opening game, then never trailed t...
Rio’s Gioffre earns all-tourney honor
McDERMOTT, Ohio — University of Rio Grande senior Rafaella Gioffre shot a 12-over par 84 on Tuesday to record a second place finish individually...
Rio men take 6th place in fall finale
McDERMOTT, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande men’s golf team closed out its fall schedule on Tuesday with a sixth place finish in the Ro...
RedStorm women cruise past Brescia
OWENSBORO, Ky. — Finally, the University of Rio Grande women’s soccer team found a way to finish.The RedStorm scored four second half goal...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Leon Luckies celebrate ‘National 4-H Week’
The Leon Luckies kicked off National 4-H Week, which is from Oct. 6-12, by presenting all Leon Elementary students in grades kindergarten-sixth grades...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...
A Hunger for More: Spirituality is a practical affair
Spirituality is a practical affair. Does that sound like a strange statement? Often, when talking about spiritual things with people, someone will exp...
She was more than just a dog
The air has turned crisp as the sun rises and sets each day, and my yard is filled with leaves from a gigantic maple tree that stands behind my house,...
Breasts and a need to know
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know the stories of survivors of this disease as well as the stories of several women who did not live. An...
Hostas are problem-solvers for shade
Hosta is a perennial foliage plant so well known and widely planted that many gardeners take it for granted. There are over 3000 named varieties, all ...
Kids still say the darndest things
Most homes in the 1950s and 1960s only had one television. Ours sat in the corner of the living room where the afternoon sun wouldn’t cause a gl...