Snow event hits region
Flatrock upgrades, trains on new truck
Meeting the new neighbors
It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned
- Shelter pets of the week - 12:25 pm
- Mason County Memories… General ‘Tiger John’ McCausland - 12:20 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 12:13 pm
- Upcoming events, programs on Coalition agenda - 4:36 pm
- New Haven updates on reduced fine, water system - 4:03 pm
- 1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- WVa lawmakers seek to ban school mask, testing requirements - 3:35 pm
- Gov. Justice on National Guard support - 4:30 pm
- 138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:08 pm
- Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear? - 3:08 pm
- Showing support - 11:34 am
- 5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:23 pm
- ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218 - 3:24 pm
- Board of Ed approves personnel, agenda items - 3:12 pm
- Snow event hits region - 5:49 pm
- Flatrock upgrades, trains on new truck - 4:08 pm
- 509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy - 3:45 pm
- Gov. Justice resumes briefings, says COVID is ‘tough stuff’ - 3:10 pm
- National, state, county candidates file - 4:50 pm
- Mason County Memories… The Mother-of-All-Floods - 4:26 pm
- Mason County Sheriff’s Office ‘Year in Review’ - 4:21 pm updated: 5:19 pm.
- 4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Shelter Pets (Trio) of the Week - 12:59 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 12:16 pm
Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear?
A pap smear is used to screen women for cervical cancer. Years ago, women had a Pap smear at each annual visit, but today Pap smears have improved and...
BEND AREA — New firefighter gear and equipment will be coming to fire departments in the Bend Area, thanks to monetary boosts by Felman Producti...
5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were five new deaths, as well as, 66 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Publish...
ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218
MARIETTA — A landslide repair project starting Wednesday, Jan. 19 on Ohio 218 in Gallia County is one of dozens of Ohio Department of Transporta...
Board of Ed approves personnel, agenda items
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Board of Education recently met to approve agenda items and personnel.The board approved a memorandum of under...
Snow event hits region
OHIO VALLEY — Winter arrived for Round Two on Sunday into Monday across the Ohio Valley Publishing area.Freezing rain and sleet turned into seve...
Lady Rebels rout Symmes Valley, 70-42
WILLOW WOOD, Ohio — The South Gallia girls basketball team is on a 4-game winning streak after a 70-42 road victory over the Symmes Valley Lady ...
Point wins Braxton County Invite
SUTTON, W.Va. — Instead of battling at the postponed Top Gun Tournament in Alliance, the Big Blacks were more than happy to settle for the top s...
Lady Rebels take down River Valley, 54-39
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — It took two and a half quarters to do it, but the Red and Gold took down their rivals.The South Gallia girls basketball team...
OVP sports events for Tuesday, Jan. 18
Tuesday, Jan. 18Boys BasketballSouth Gallia at River Valley, ppd.OVCS at Hannan, ppd.Coal Grove at Gallia Academy, 7 p.m. — moved to Wednesday (...
Lady Rebels rip Athens, 59-34
THE PLAINS, Ohio — It was practically over before it started.The South Gallia girls basketball team hit five first half trifectas and built a si...
PPPS Student Leaders
Point Pleasant Primary School’s Student Leaders for the second nine weeks are pictured with their principal, Vickie Workman: Kaylee German, Mady...
Community donates gifts for teens
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Career Center’s National Technical Honor Society’s (NTHS) recent “Christmas for Teens”...
Community Supports Toys for Kids
POINT PLEASANT — Toys for Kids has seen an outpouring of community support recently with various organizations, businesses, and individuals dona...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild celebrates the season
With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas before us, members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild found time to squeeze eating in while meeting on two ...
Healthy Grand Familes receive ‘lovepacks’
The Mason County Healthy Grand Family’s program was recently the recipient of 170 “LovePacks” for children being raised by grandpare...
Search the Scriptures: A good sermon
What makes a sermon good?Seeing as how sermons constitute such a large percentage of our periods of worship, at least in regards to time, it seems sen...
God’s Kids Korner: Lost and found
Have you ever misplaced something? Of course, you have. We have all done that, haven’t we? Perhaps we were reading a book and put it down and th...
Review: Week one in the Legislature
(Editor’s note: This column covers issues discussed last week in the West Virginia Legislature. Week two is now underway.)It was a busy week one...
When a cell phone wasn’t needed
One was in our kitchen and one was on the landing at the top of the stairs in my parents home when I was growing up. They were stationed on the wall a...
Search the Scriptures: Baptism is an appeal to God
In his first epistle, the apostle Peter makes mention of the great deluge in the days of Noah, and how eight individuals were saved from the water, by...
God’s opinion matters most
Opinions gauge what we think. It is reflected in politics. It is reflected in manufacturing. So is TV and radio. People seem gratified to have opportu...