Comfort and care
Fire causes heavy damage to Wild Horse Cafe
UPDATE: Fire marshal’s office assisting with investigation into Wild Horse Fire
Cabin Fever Fest returns Feb. 22
Bridge of Honor open following inspection
- Mason PD investigating reported counterfeit bills - 7:52 pm
- Beale’s ‘Book Box’ arrives - 5:25 pm
- Board of Education approves agenda items - 5:37 pm
- ‘Icelandic model’ and combating youth addiction - 5:30 pm
- Fire causes heavy damage to Wild Horse Cafe - 1:54 pm
- UPDATE: Fire marshal’s office assisting with investigation into Wild Horse Fire - 3:23 pm
- Cabin Fever Fest returns Feb. 22 - 9:44 am
- Bridge of Honor reopens - 6:17 pm updated: 7:12 pm.
- Mason County Memories: ‘Let it be known where you stand…’ - 4:57 pm
- For the record: Marriage licenses, deeds filed - 4:24 pm
- Recognizing upcoming FFA Week - 4:17 pm updated: 4:19 pm.
- Justice weighs in on PVH, rural health - 4:15 pm
- Celebration of Women’s right to vote to be held Monday - 3:52 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 2:10 pm
- Latest listing of May Primary candidates - 9:04 pm
- Loose barges close bridge to traffic - 8:54 pm updated: 11:28 pm.
- Loose barges close bridge to traffic - 8:40 pm updated: 11:25 pm.
- Rain, rain, rain - 6:32 pm updated: 6:33 pm.
- Questions, concerns regarding water system - 5:15 pm
- Moose raises money for scholarships - 5:11 pm
- Sheriff advises of possible overdose deaths - 10:51 am
- Board of Ed discusses personnel, wastewater plants - 6:29 pm
- $1M Mega Millions ticket sold in Point Pleasant - 6:20 pm
- River on the rise - 6:14 pm updated: 6:39 pm.
- Virginia man killed in U.S. 35 crash - 5:49 pm
For the record: Marriage licenses, deeds filed
Marriage licenses filedThe following marriage licenses were filed in January in the office of Mason County Clerk Diana Cromley: Larry M. Bailey, 58 of...
Recognizing upcoming FFA Week
POINT PLEASANT — City of Point Pleasant Mayor Brian Billings presented members of the Mason County Career Center’s (MCCC) FFA program with...
Justice weighs in on PVH, rural health
POINT PLEASANT — Following the recent announcement by Pleasant Valley Hospital concerning its upcoming discontinuation of obstetric services, as...
Celebration of Women’s right to vote to be held Monday
CHARLESTON — The West Virginia State Capitol on Monday, Feb. 17, will feature displays from the W.Va. Women’s Commission Celebration of Wo...
This Week in West Virginia History
The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia....
Latest listing of May Primary candidates
POINT PLEASANT — A couple more candidates have thrown their names in the hat for the May 12 primary election after mailing in their filing forms...
Rio rebounds from loss, upends No. 5 Grizzlies
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — Opening Day for the 2020 season didn’t start the way that the University of Rio Grande softball team had hoped it wou...
Trimble takes down Rebels, 53-40
GLOUSTER, Ohio — And it all started out so well.The South Gallia boys basketball team led Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Division host Trimble by...
Southern sent home by Lady Tomcats, 68-46
WELLSTON, Ohio — Behind the 8-ball before the first quarter was over.The 14th-seeded Southern girls basketball team trailed third-seeded Trimble...
Lady Bobcats eliminate South Gallia, 56-45
McDERMOTT, Ohio — A slow start and a sectional exit.The 12th-seeded South Gallia girls basketball team trailed fifth-seeded Green by double digi...
Marauders fend off Buckeyes, 77-72
lROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — It might take a while to match this kind of Senior Night performance.The Meigs boys basketball team had four players reach ...
Blue Devils rally past Rock Hill, 69-59
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — A fitting farewell.The Gallia Academy boys basketball team celebrated Senior Night in style Friday after using an impressive ...
New designation for Yeager Airport Region
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The seven-county region supporting Yeager Airport has received certification as an AEROready community.AEROready certificati...
Protect information when filing taxes
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey reminds taxpayers to exercise great caution this tax season by protecting th...
Don’t fall for fake online romance this Valentine’s Day
COLUMBUS — Ohioans who are pierced by Cupid’s arrow this Valentine’s Day should make sure they’re not actually being struck by...
Democratic Women hold meeting
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Democratic Women’s Organization held its regular meeting on Feb. 6 at the Mason County Library. Presiden...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: Feb. 5...
Humbled by a guitar master
When it comes time to regenerate, I usually head south. Nashville or the Smokeys are my usual destinations. Last weekend we headed to Nashville. It ha...
What is the Public Service Commission?
All West Virginians should have the opportunity to understand how your government works, including the responsibilities and activities of state agenci...
Governor speaks on ‘Protecting Abortion Survivors’
Dear Editor,It is a great day when West Virginians of all political stripes come together to protect innocent human life and make our state a more com...
W.Va. Miley offers frank assessment of state
Day 30 of the 60-day regular session of the Legislature was marked by an unusually frank assessment of the state of the state by a long-serving legisl...
Search the Scriptures: Preaching beyond the choir
The phrase, “preaching to the choir,” is an idiom which speaks to the practice of a minister who spends his time and energy trying to conv...
I cook best when we eat out
I used to be a terrible cook. Times were when Terry was unable to cook the daily meals, the boys absolutely dreaded it. They knew what was coming. The...