Area high schools receive NATA’s ‘Safe Sports School Award’
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Commissioners make donation to river museum - 9:43 am
- Mason Council discusses auction, community service - 8:44 am
- Hannan Prom royalty crowned - 10:38 am
- Summer feeding program available for children - 3:51 pm
- Moose Lodge benefits graduates - 3:33 pm
- Prevention Coalition discusses projects - 10:41 am
- Wahama Prom royalty crowned - 4:55 pm
- Outdoor Youth Expo to return - 3:20 pm
- Golf scramble fundraiser set for June - 10:55 am
- Area high schools recognized for seat belt usage - 9:23 am
- New Haven Council discusses pool, park upgrades - 9:10 am
- Second arrest made in homicide case - 8:56 am
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- Countywide clean-up day set for Saturday - 1:13 pm
- Point Pleasant Prom royalty crowned - 12:37 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- City Council discusses summer projects, events - 9:56 am
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Mason County Memories… Main Street plans historic home tour - 12:20 pm
- New equipment, sign erected at park - 11:31 am updated: 3:46 pm.
- ‘Music in the Park’ series announced - 11:29 am updated: 3:47 pm.
- 4-H members help to clean cemetery - 10:56 am
- Mason Co. unofficial Primary Election results - 10:35 am
Outdoor Youth Expo to return
POINT PLEASANT — The popular Outdoor Youth Expo is making a return this year for students and their parents after a two-year hiatus.The event is...
Golf scramble fundraiser set for June
MASON — After many years of holding catfish tournaments, members of Bend Area C.A.R.E. will switch up fundraising efforts this year with a golf ...
Area high schools recognized for seat belt usage
HUNTINGTON — Area high schools participated in the 2022 Annual Battle of the Belts seat belt education program. Two Mason County schools placed ...
New Haven Council discusses pool, park upgrades
NEW HAVEN — Upgrades to the New Haven Community Center were discussed when the town council held its most recent meeting.Present were Mayor Phil...
Second arrest made in homicide case
POMEROY — Meigs County Sheriff Keith Wood reported on May 13, the Major Crimes Task Force and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation identifi...
‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The West Virginia Vietnam Veterans Traveling Wall will be at The Quality Inn in Gallipolis on Friday and Saturday.The display...
Marauders win sectional title
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — Running it back-to-back.The Meigs baseball team defeated the Adena Warriors at home 3-0 Thursday evening to win a Division I...
Point wins 4 titles on Day 1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — If Day 1 was any indication, the theme of this mid-week meet is going perfectly.The Point Pleasant track and field programs ...
Wahama returning to state
HARTFORD, W.Va. — As the saying goes, defense wins championships.The Wahama softball team showed this in a 3-1 victory at home against the Man L...
Ohio district track meets begin
And they are off and running.The ‘Buckeye’ side of the Ohio Valley Publishing area has hit full stride as all six area schools have scored...
Lady Falcons blank Man, 2-0
MAN, W.Va. — One more step until the big stage.The Wahama softball team started its regional campaign the right way with a 2-0 road win Tuesday ...
Hannan FFA students awarded on state level
ASHTON — Students in the Hannan Junior/Senior High School Future Farmers of America (FFA) took home first place honors during a recent competiti...
Shelter Pets of the Week
Roo Roo and Sally are this week’s Shelter Pets of the Week, available for adoption at the Mason County Animal Shelter. Adoption fees cover spay ...
Writers Guild pays tribute to Ingerick
POINT PLEASANT — Members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild met recently and shared various topics of conversation along with their latest writ...
Moose fundraiser benefits domestic violence shelter
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant Moose Lodge #731’s recent charity benefit for Square One of Gallipolis, Ohio raised over $2,000.Severa...
YLA students visit Charleston
POINT PLEASANT — Local Mason County students returned from a three-day experience in Charleston with the Youth Leadership Association (YLA) 8th ...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
God’s Kids Korner: Filled with the Holy Spirit
Before Jesus returned to heaven to be with his Father, He told his disciples in John 14:12 that they would do even greater things than He had done whe...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...
Search the Scriptures: Reasonable people in unreasonable times
It should not be surprising that this fallen world, being at odds as it is with its Creator, is a contentious realm filled with unhappiness, strife an...
God’s Kids Korner: Happy Mother’s Day
I am sure that all of you know that it is Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. You will probably give your mother a card or a present. Someplace on ...
The tribulations we experience are par for the course
Jesus Christ was very honest with us when He said that “in the world you shall have tribulation.” It is a literal truth that cannot be den...