When ‘Who Dey!’ was immersed in Wilmington
A new chapter… Repurposing for further development
Snow event hits region
- Shelter Pets of the Week - 5:06 pm
- More file ahead of Primary deadline - 5:04 pm
- Gov tells Bette Midler to kiss dog’s ‘hiney’ — and shows it - 4:38 pm
- Cincinnati Bengals fans grow hunger relief - 3:33 pm
- Hosting ‘Winterfest’ - 3:14 pm
- 187 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:08 pm
- When ‘Who Dey!’ was immersed in Wilmington - 3:00 pm
- Point welcomes ‘Remedi’ - 1:51 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 1:34 pm
- Mason County Memories… Revisiting historic Fairview Plantation - 1:29 pm
- Appalachian Power files for approval of projects - 4:27 pm
- Board of Ed approves personnel, agenda items - 3:28 pm
- 1 death, 181 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:20 pm
- Gov. Justice: COVID hospitalizations at record high - 5:00 pm
- 217 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:51 pm
- Wellness Wednesdays - 3:31 pm
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy… Excellent results, faster recovery, and less pain - 3:10 pm
- Primary Filing update - 4:49 pm updated: 4:50 pm.
- Filing period ends Saturday in New Haven - 4:38 pm
- 3 deaths, 97 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:16 pm
- 449 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:51 pm
- 3rd WVa corrections officer dies of COVID-19 - 4:00 pm
- Gov. Justice: Hospitalizations nearing 1K - 3:15 pm updated: 3:17 pm.
- Volunteers needed for ‘Homeless Count’ - 3:08 pm
- Calendar of events approved by Town of Mason… Holiday activities, Music in the Park, more - 2:57 pm
Mason County Memories… Revisiting historic Fairview Plantation
It’s been a while since I’ve had an article on a historic building, despite those being some of my favorite articles! This week, I’d...
Appalachian Power files for approval of projects
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Appalachian Power, along with Wheeling Power, this week submitted two filings to the Public Service Commission of West Virgi...
Board of Ed approves personnel, agenda items
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Board of Education recently approved agenda items involving personnel and regular business.Marshall University...
1 death, 181 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there was one additional death, as well as 181 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Pub...
Gov. Justice: COVID hospitalizations at record high
CHARLESTON — During Wednesday’s briefing, Gov. Jim Justice highlighted the FDA’s recent announcement that they are no longer permitt...
217 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were 217 new COVID-19 cases reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Wednesday.In Gall...
Waterford sweeps Lady Rebels, 54-43
WATERFORD, Ohio — A 3-headed monster with a devastating 1-2 punch.Host Waterford had three players amass all but four of its first half points, ...
Saint Albans downs Lady Falcons, 45-22
MASON, W.Va. — The Lady Dragons were not slain on this night.The Wahama girls basketball team dropped a home game to the tune of 45-22 Thursday ...
Marauders win at Crooksville, 76-36
CROOKSVILLE, Ohio — The Meigs boys basketball team picked up a 76-36 road win Thursday evening against the Crooksville Ceramics.The Marauders (8...
Lady Tornadoes fall to Belpre, 43-37
BELPRE, Ohio — The Southern girls basketball team fell 43-37 on the road Thursday evening to the Belpre Lady Eagles in a Tri-Valley Conference H...
Ironton sweeps Blue Angels, 47-31
CENTENARY, Ohio — The Lady Tigers simply had better balance.Visiting Ironton had two players pour in double digits and had eight total reach the...
Mason County CEOS members gather
GALLIPOLIS FERRY — The Mason County Community Educational Outreach Service (CEOS) met at the Faith Gospel Church in Gallipolis Ferry on Jan. 11....
Letart Nature Park gifted flags, flagpole
LETART — The sixth annual Letart Homecoming, which was held Saturday, Oct. 23, 2021, opened with a flagpole dedication ceremony by the Mason VFW...
Felman donates to local organizations
NEW HAVEN — Recently, Felman Productions, a New Haven-based metallurgy manufacturing company led by Mordechai Korf and Uriel Laber, employing do...
PPPS Student Leaders
Point Pleasant Primary School’s Student Leaders for the second nine weeks are pictured with their principal, Vickie Workman: Kaylee German, Mady...
Community donates gifts for teens
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Career Center’s National Technical Honor Society’s (NTHS) recent “Christmas for Teens”...
God’s Kids Korner: Yes you can!
“I just can’t do it!” Have you ever said that? I’m sure you have because we have all said that at one time or another. Maybe y...
Asking for feedback on internet access
As we begin 2022, I wanted to share with you a key priority of mine in the U.S. Senate, and also, ask for your help.Access to fast, reliable, and affo...
Glimpses of America, 1957
A couple of years ago, one of my sweet and gentle readers, Mary Crider, gave me a large stack of my favorite childhood magazine, Sports Illustrated, m...
Review: Week Two in the Legislature
The second week of the 2022 regular legislative session is already in the books!This week I spent much time working on several pieces of legislation w...
Grow a few vegetables indoors this winter
Limited outdoor growing space or cold winters may have you missing fresh homegrown vegetables. Make this the winter you try growing a few vegetables i...
A former student scores again
Until the death of the president of Training, Solutions, Inc. in 2020 and the closing of the company, for decades I frequently taught courses in creat...