Area high schools receive NATA’s ‘Safe Sports School Award’
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- 1 death, 180 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- New Haven Elem. receives grant for inclusive playground - 10:33 am
- OVB announces 2022 4-H Scholars - 4:46 pm
- Third arrest made in murder case - 4:31 pm
- Memorial Day events scheduled in the Bend Area - 11:16 am
- Municipal pool opens Saturday - 10:39 am
- Final week-long jubilee announced - 9:48 am
- Agriculture returns to Rio - 9:13 am
- Mason County Chamber of Commerce holds luncheon - 4:38 pm
- Seniors receive food assistance - 3:22 pm
- PVH installs medication disposal bin - 12:57 pm
- ‘In Flanders Fields’ - 4:39 pm
- Early voting begins in New Haven - 11:07 am
- Wahama inducts NHS members, recognizes seniors - 11:04 am
- 2 win state essay contest - 11:03 am
- Hannan band participates in competition - 10:47 am
- Outdoor Youth Expo returns - 12:34 pm
- Wahama presents spring concert - 12:31 pm
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Commissioners make donation to river museum - 9:43 am
- Mason Council discusses auction, community service - 8:44 am
- Hannan Prom royalty crowned - 10:38 am
- Summer feeding program available for children - 3:51 pm
- Moose Lodge benefits graduates - 3:33 pm
Seniors receive food assistance
MASON COUNTY — Over 75 boxes of food were distributed to senior citizens across Mason County last week through a new program by the Department o...
PVH installs medication disposal bin
POINT PLEASANT — In conjunction with the Mason County Prevention Coalition, Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) has launched an initiative to keep ha...
‘In Flanders Fields’
OHIO VALLEY — As Memorial Day approaches, paper poppies begin appearing across the United States. Veterans set up at various sites the week befo...
Early voting begins in New Haven
NEW HAVEN — Early voting in the New Haven municipal election began today and will continue through June 4.Voting will take place at the town hal...
Wahama inducts NHS members, recognizes seniors
The Wahama National Honor Society recognized the graduating seniors during an induction ceremony at the school recently. Pictured, from left, are Oliv...
2 win state essay contest
Two Wahama High School eighth graders placed in the County Commission Association of West Virginia essay contest recently, including Maverick Painter,...
Woodson advances to D-2 state meet
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — They didn’t get much in … just the most important parts.Both the boys and girls divisions of the 2022 Division I...
Lady Falcons flying high
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Nothing could rain on these girls’ parade.On a rainy Thursday afternoon, the Wahama softball team defeated the P...
Lady Falcons win it all … again
Just as sweet the second time around. The Wahama softball team captured the program’s second straight WVSSAC Class A championship on Friday afte...
D-3 regional meet begins
LONDONDERRY, Ohio — The third time was a charm … literally a charm.Southern senior Kayla Evans need three chances to clear the 5 feet, 2 i...
Meigs-Fairland moved to noon Friday
Due to the current and impending inclement weather within the area, the Division III district baseball championship game between Meigs and Fairland at...
Hannan FFA students awarded on state level
ASHTON — Students in the Hannan Junior/Senior High School Future Farmers of America (FFA) took home first place honors during a recent competiti...
Shelter Pets of the Week
Roo Roo and Sally are this week’s Shelter Pets of the Week, available for adoption at the Mason County Animal Shelter. Adoption fees cover spay ...
Writers Guild pays tribute to Ingerick
POINT PLEASANT — Members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild met recently and shared various topics of conversation along with their latest writ...
Moose fundraiser benefits domestic violence shelter
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant Moose Lodge #731’s recent charity benefit for Square One of Gallipolis, Ohio raised over $2,000.Severa...
YLA students visit Charleston
POINT PLEASANT — Local Mason County students returned from a three-day experience in Charleston with the Youth Leadership Association (YLA) 8th ...
Search the Scriptures: The feast commanded
Under the Law of Moses, in addition to the weekly observance of the Sabbath Day, there were seven annual celebrations which God gave to the people of ...
God’s Kids Korner: Trinity Sunday
This Sunday, May 22, we celebrate something called the Trinity. It’s another special day in the life of the church that we remember. It’s ...
Christ defangs the bite of prejudice
The major biting shortcoming of co-existence among the people of varying ethnic, racial, social, and religious characteristics has to do with prejudic...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
God’s Kids Korner: Filled with the Holy Spirit
Before Jesus returned to heaven to be with his Father, He told his disciples in John 14:12 that they would do even greater things than He had done whe...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...