Dining hall dollars
The robotics revolution
Partnership announced to utilize former GDC cottages
Designing a plan
At home in Athens
- Weather pushes U.S. 35 completion date - 6:25 pm
- Influenza cases on the rise - 5:49 pm
- For the record: Deeds, marriages reported - 5:47 pm
- Counting the county’s homeless population - 5:13 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 1:35 pm
- Prevention coalition discusses SADD groups - 4:31 pm updated: 2:11 pm.
- Bill rejected to remove helmet requirement - 4:14 pm
- Upcoming FRN events - 7:16 pm
- Updated candidate filings - 7:11 pm
- Wolfe promoted to personal banker - 10:29 am
- OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital raises minimum wage to $15 per hour - 9:19 am
- National, state candidates file for office - 6:08 pm updated: 11:56 am.
- Recycling options - 5:55 pm
- W.Va. Commerce Secretary sees need for regionalization - 5:52 pm
- Legislative goals outlined for residents - 5:30 pm
- Filing deadline for New Haven election Friday - 5:20 pm
- Charity bingo supports Shriners - 6:10 pm
- Discussing the business of legalized hemp - 6:07 pm
- Mason discusses changes to building permits - 5:44 pm
- Remembering grandpa and raising awareness - 5:39 pm
- Two arrested in reported burglary - 8:15 pm
- Mason County Memories: A look back at ‘Black Tuesday, 1929’ - 7:54 pm
- Rice named second runner-up at - 6:42 pm
- Struggling with hunger - 6:36 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 2:44 pm
Wolfe promoted to personal banker
MIDDLEPORT — Home National Bank has announced the promotion of Betsy Wolfe to personal banker. Wolfe joined Home National Bank in 2016 upon her ...
OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital raises minimum wage to $15 per hour
ATHENS — OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital announced that on Jan. 16, AFSCME 1252 bargaining unit members ratified a proposal by the hospital ...
National, state candidates file for office
CHARLESTON — It appears West Virginians will not be lacking candidates to choose from in the packed May 12 primary when it comes to national and...
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Solid Waste Authority (SWA) will be expanding its hours starting Jan. 27.The recycling center, located on Fair...
W.Va. Commerce Secretary sees need for regionalization
CHARLESTON — Citing a need for more regionalization of West Virginia’s economic development efforts, Commerce Secretary Ed Gaunch said the...
Legislative goals outlined for residents
CHARLESTON — With the West Virginia Legislative session started, state residents can study the plans and monitor the actions of legislative lead...
Marauders top Wellston, 58-50
WELLSTON, Ohio — A nice end to the road stint.The Meigs boys basketball team, playing its last of three straight games away from Larry R. Morris...
Lady Cats sweep South Gallia, 58-34
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — Short-handed … and it showed.The South Gallia girls basketball team played without two starters due to illness, and vi...
Miller avenges Lady Falcons, 46-38
HEMLOCK, Ohio — When things were at their best, they took an unfortunate turn for the worst.The Wahama girls basketball team took a lead into th...
Lady Eagles take down Waterford, 28-24
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — Another defensive battle, but this time the edge went to the Lady Eagles.The Eastern girls basketball team — which ...
Lady Spartans march past Meigs, 54-43
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — A little bit better the second time around.The Meigs girls basketball team — which dropped a 57-39 decision at Alexand...
OVP HEALTH Recovery Center to open
BURLINGTON, Ohio — OVP HEALTH will open a new, 48-bed inpatient substance abuse treatment center at the site of the former River’s Bend He...
Multistate settlement with PayPal Charitable Giving Fund
COLUMBUS — Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost and charity regulators from 21 other states and the District of Columbia have reached an agreement wi...
Kountry Kritters 4-H Club news
December was a busy month for the Kountry Kritters 4-H Club. Members participated in many holiday festivities.According to a submission from Club Repo...
Kincaid family return held
Late in 2019, family and friends of Wayne and Margaret Kincaid gathered for the fourth annual Kincaid Reunion. The event was held at the home of their...
Students named to Wahama honor roll
MASON — Honor roll students for the first semester have been announced at Wahama High School.Placed on the honor roll for the first nine-week pe...
God’s Kids Korner: He knows our hearts
Our Scripture for this week is Matthew 4: 12-23. Jesus is beginning His public ministry, and He needs some people He knows that He can lead and teach ...
Cross Words: This is your invitation to rest
My Fitbit watch tracks my sleep. I got 6 hours and 19 minutes of sleep last night. Not too bad. The National Sleep Foundation suggests 7 to 9 hours of...
Citrus albedo is better than you thought
Citrus fruits are among the world’s most popular fruits. Oranges are the king of the juicy orbs. They have grown on orange trees for thousands o...
Love has limits
There is a new movement afoot variously calling for love or understanding or cooperation. Sounds good on the surface. Loving people, caring for people...
Pruning in Late Winter
Winter is the time to work on pruning your trees and shrubs. Once the sap starts to rise in spring and the buds on your woody plants start to swell, y...
Float your way to peace, quiet
Adam didn’t know how good he had it.There he was in the Garden of Eden, with the trees, pleasing to the eye and good for food. He had the livest...