Snow event hits region
Flatrock upgrades, trains on new truck
Meeting the new neighbors
It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned
- Governor updates on boosters, latest COVID stats - 5:07 pm
- Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled - 4:16 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- 1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- FRN updated on programs, outreach - 3:31 pm
- Shelter pets of the week - 12:25 pm
- Mason County Memories… General ‘Tiger John’ McCausland - 12:20 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 12:13 pm
- Upcoming events, programs on Coalition agenda - 4:36 pm
- New Haven updates on reduced fine, water system - 4:03 pm
- 1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- WVa lawmakers seek to ban school mask, testing requirements - 3:35 pm
- Gov. Justice on National Guard support - 4:30 pm
- 138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:08 pm
- Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear? - 3:08 pm
- Showing support - 11:34 am
- 5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:23 pm
- ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218 - 3:24 pm
- Board of Ed approves personnel, agenda items - 3:12 pm
- Snow event hits region - 5:49 pm
- Flatrock upgrades, trains on new truck - 4:08 pm
- 509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy - 3:45 pm
- Gov. Justice resumes briefings, says COVID is ‘tough stuff’ - 3:10 pm
- National, state, county candidates file - 4:50 pm
- Mason County Memories… The Mother-of-All-Floods - 4:26 pm
1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there was one additional death, as well as 201 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Pub...
WVa lawmakers seek to ban school mask, testing requirements
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A group of Republican lawmakers in West Virginia is trying to pass a law forbidding mask mandates in K-12 schools and r...
Gov. Justice on National Guard support
CHARLESTON — During Wednesday’s briefing, Gov. Jim Justice was joined by West Virginia National Guard Adjutant General, Maj. Gen. Bill Cra...
138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were 138 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Wednesday.In Gal...
Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear?
A pap smear is used to screen women for cervical cancer. Years ago, women had a Pap smear at each annual visit, but today Pap smears have improved and...
BEND AREA — New firefighter gear and equipment will be coming to fire departments in the Bend Area, thanks to monetary boosts by Felman Producti...
South Point fends off Blue Angels, 40-33
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — The Gallia Academy girls basketball team suffered a 40-33 road loss Saturday evening to the South Point Lady Pointers in an ...
Blue Devils avenge South Point, 48-39
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — Proving themselves as a formidable foe.Despite losing junior center Isaac Clary to injury in the first quarter, the Gallia A...
Marauders outlast River Valley, 68-62
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — The rust showed, but the Marauders worked through the kinks and eventually found their high gear.After 24 days in between ga...
Bowen inducted into SEOHSBCA hall of fame
Former Eastern varsity baseball coach Brian Bowen — pictured talking with his infielders during a Division IV district semifinal baseball contes...
Lady Rebels sweep Eastern, 68-50
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — There’s a first time for everything.The South Gallia girls basketball team notched its first season sweep of host E...
Felman donates to local organizations
NEW HAVEN — Recently, Felman Productions, a New Haven-based metallurgy manufacturing company led by Mordechai Korf and Uriel Laber, employing do...
PPPS Student Leaders
Point Pleasant Primary School’s Student Leaders for the second nine weeks are pictured with their principal, Vickie Workman: Kaylee German, Mady...
Community donates gifts for teens
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Career Center’s National Technical Honor Society’s (NTHS) recent “Christmas for Teens”...
Community Supports Toys for Kids
POINT PLEASANT — Toys for Kids has seen an outpouring of community support recently with various organizations, businesses, and individuals dona...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild celebrates the season
With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas before us, members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild found time to squeeze eating in while meeting on two ...
A former student scores again
Until the death of the president of Training, Solutions, Inc. in 2020 and the closing of the company, for decades I frequently taught courses in creat...
Search the Scriptures: A good sermon
What makes a sermon good?Seeing as how sermons constitute such a large percentage of our periods of worship, at least in regards to time, it seems sen...
God’s Kids Korner: Lost and found
Have you ever misplaced something? Of course, you have. We have all done that, haven’t we? Perhaps we were reading a book and put it down and th...
Review: Week one in the Legislature
(Editor’s note: This column covers issues discussed last week in the West Virginia Legislature. Week two is now underway.)It was a busy week one...
When a cell phone wasn’t needed
One was in our kitchen and one was on the landing at the top of the stairs in my parents home when I was growing up. They were stationed on the wall a...
Search the Scriptures: Baptism is an appeal to God
In his first epistle, the apostle Peter makes mention of the great deluge in the days of Noah, and how eight individuals were saved from the water, by...