Let there be light…many lights: Gallipolis In Lights opens Wednesday
Marshall’s ‘Biomechanics Roadshow’
Local veterans honored for service
Showing respect for sacrifice
One rock at a time
- New Haven talks water upgrade project - 9:20 pm
- Council hears proposal to honor vetsJones recognized for service to city - 7:44 pm
- Point native gives $1 million to WVU Department of Neurology for patient support - 6:44 pm
- Krodel’s light show opens for the season - 6:40 pm
- Christmas activities in the Bend Area set - 7:04 pm
- Let there be light…many lights: Gallipolis In Lights opens Wednesday - 6:59 pm
- Judge strikes down state’s marijuana program ‘racial quota’ - 3:18 pm
- Mason fire damages home - 1:01 am
- Marshall’s ‘Biomechanics Roadshow’ - 6:39 pm updated: 8:25 pm.
- FRN discusses upcoming events - 6:29 pm
- Small Business Saturday returns Nov. 24 - 4:39 pm
- Police: Investigating mobile home fire as arson - 7:35 pm updated: 7:44 pm.
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner to return - 6:20 pm
- The ‘Fallout’ for Point Pleasant - 6:03 pm
- Sloane’s ‘The Visiteur Series’ opens - 5:27 pm
- ‘We Are…remembering’ - 9:12 pm
- Commissioners file opioid lawsuit - 8:37 pm
- Mason County Family Christmas to return - 6:25 pm
- Coalition hires part-time coordinator - 6:07 pm
- Holzer to join Rose Parade float - 5:40 pm
- Helping abused children through CASA - 6:47 pm
- Commissioners discuss regional meeting - 6:43 pm
- OVS tunes up for Christmas Show - 6:34 pm
- ‘Keep Your Fork’ tradition returns - 5:43 pm
- Ashton man honored on 100th birthday - 6:06 pm
FRN discusses upcoming events
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Family Resource Network (FRN) recently met discussing upcoming holiday events.Bree Ramey, from the WorkForce W...
Small Business Saturday returns Nov. 24
OHIO VALLEY — Small Business Saturday is on the horizon and set for next Saturday, Nov. 24, but several local businesses within the Ohio Valley ...
Police: Investigating mobile home fire as arson
MASON — An early morning fire that destroyed a mobile home has resulted in investigations by the office of the West Virginia State Fire Marshal ...
Community Thanksgiving Dinner to return
POINT PLEASANT — The season of giving has begun, and a local church will provide a homemade Thanksgiving dinner to hundreds of individuals from ...
The ‘Fallout’ for Point Pleasant
OHIO VALLEY — The Fallout® 76 vault has officially opened and it’s putting one local town on its map and before the eyes of video gam...
Sloane’s ‘The Visiteur Series’ opens
OHIO VALLEY — Jamie Sloane, a local artist whose work has been featured at The French Art Colony and Gallery at 409, is opening a new show at th...
Rio men rally for Bevo title
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Cameron Schreiter drilled a go-ahead three-pointer with 25 seconds to play and then came up with a victory-clinching steal in...
Rio tops Blue Devils in NAIA tourney opener
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Four different players scored second half goals to lead the University of Rio Grande in a 4-0 win over Lawrence Technological...
Polar Bears push past Point, 66-13
FAIRMONT, W.Va. — If you can’t win them all, it’s better to be beaten by the best.The eighth-seed Point Pleasant football team had i...
Herd thunders past UTSA, 23-0
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — “Peeb Peeb.”After all, these Roadrunners spent a better portion of this episode going backwards.Visiting Texas S...
Point Pleasant-Fairmont Senior Football Box Score
Fairmont Senior 66, Point Pleasant 13PP6007—13FS1622217—66Scoring SummaryFirst QuarterFS: Breeden Gilbert 9 run (Gage Michael run) 8:37PP:...
Quilts ‘N Things news
In September, the Quilts ‘N Things quilt guild gave one of their members a send-off pot luck luncheon at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church Fellow...
Wahama artists honored
Five Wahama High School art students placed in the show at the West Virginia Black Walnut Festival recently. Pictured, from left, are Addisyn Williams...
Haer Bears October activities
The Haer Bears 4-H Club of Point Pleasant started the upcoming 2018-2019 4-H year with putting together a window display at City National Bank on Sept...
Woodman Chapter visits Tennessee
Woodmen Life Family Chapter 302 of New Haven Senior members recently attended fall senior camp traveling to Nashville, Tennessee. The West Virginia an...
OVB unveils Buckeye Hills debit card
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Ohio Valley Bank recently unveiled a new debit card design as part of its Community First debit card program. The Buckeye Hil...
Be the first to know: Online COLA notices
We are constantly expanding our online services to give you freedom and control when doing business with us. Our new online cost-of-living adjustment ...
I want to say to you, ‘I’m sorry’
I started writing weekly articles and submitting them in August of 1998. During this stretch of time, I have been mindful to give timely shout-outs to...
Teen testimony: Seek your Shepherd above all else
Decisions can be daunting. As I get older, I find myself facing more and more decisions. Knowing my decisions lay the foundation for my future, I ofte...
A Hunger for More: Be thankful for God’s blessings
Thanksgiving is the day we officially set aside to reflect on our blessings, and the Friday after officially marks the start of the Christmas season. ...
God’s Kids Korner: Just have faith
In Mark 13: 1-8, Jesus and His disciples are leaving the Temple area when one of them remarks what a beautiful and magnificent building the Temple is ...
A veteran suicide and one mother’s story
From her second-floor San Francisco apartment where she and her husband, Cliff, were spending a typical Friday evening relaxing, eating pizza, and wat...
Is the ‘Empress Tree’ a tree or a weed?
We often get questions about a tree called the “Purple Empress” (Paulownia tomentosa) from people who have seen the tree in bloom or in ma...