Carrying on the tradition
Man arraigned in vehicle homicide case
Man charged with vehicular homicide: Suspected of three OVI crimes within two days
County school year begins
Small aircraft crashes near Racine
- Bossard offers access to Lynda.com - 4:45 pm
- Charges in reported violent home invasion - 7:03 pm updated: 7:05 pm.
- Carrying on the tradition - 6:21 pm
- Man arraigned in vehicle homicide case - 6:15 pm updated: 3:04 am.
- Board of Education approves personnel items - 5:14 pm
- Updates on river museum, U.S. 35 - 5:13 pm
- Man charged with vehicular homicide: Suspected of three OVI crimes within two days - 6:19 pm updated: 8:35 pm.
- Two festivals may become one - 5:27 pm updated: 1:02 pm.
- Ending the summer with a party, or two - 3:59 pm
- Rio hosts ‘pinning ceremony’ for nursing students - 3:15 pm updated: 5:16 pm.
- Embracing ‘the arts’ at the fair - 1:20 pm
- Big Bend Barrel Racers to host horse shows - 1:17 pm
- Smith Chevrolet bats for RV Summer League - 6:36 pm
- Tribute to the River brings the ‘boom’ - 6:25 pm
- OSHP investigates motorcycle fatality - 6:16 pm
- County school year begins - 6:14 pm
- Small aircraft crashes near Racine - 5:38 pm updated: 8:19 pm.
- Gazebo to be added to Krodel Park - 8:15 pm
- Goodbye summer, hello school year - 7:04 pm
- Mason adds full-time police officer - 6:03 pm
- Justice Robin Jean Davis resigns - 5:23 pm
- Metheney featured at Hot Summer Nights - 5:13 pm
- Pursuit ends in flipped SUV, ejected man - 4:36 pm updated: 4:52 pm.
- Pursuit ends in flipped car, ejected man - 4:29 pm updated: 4:30 pm.
- Counterfeit bills reported in area - 2:15 pm
Rio hosts ‘pinning ceremony’ for nursing students
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College recognized 34 Class of 2018 graduates from the Holzer School of...
Embracing ‘the arts’ at the fair
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Fair provides several ways for individuals to embrace and showcase their artistic side.Whether individuals are...
Big Bend Barrel Racers to host horse shows
NEW HAVEN — The first of two open horse shows at the New Haven Show Grounds will be held Saturday, according to Charlie Ohlinger of the Big Bend...
Smith Chevrolet bats for RV Summer League
GALLIPOLIS — Smith Chevrolet partner with the River Valley Summer Youth League in Gallipolis recently.Smith Chevrolet has joined forces with the...
Tribute to the River brings the ‘boom’
POINT PLEASANT — The annual Tribute to the River will be making its return this year, bringing the “boom.”Last year, fireworks were ...
OSHP investigates motorcycle fatality
RODNEY — The Gallipolis Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a one vehicle crash involving one fatality that occurred Wednesda...
Tornado golf still perfect in league
MASON, W.Va. — A nice, comfortable victory.The Southern golf team continued its perfect start to the Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Division seas...
Blue Devils take 4th at Portsmouth Invite
McDERMOTT, Ohio — Just more proof that every stroke counts.The Gallia Academy golf team claimed fourth at the Portsmouth Invitational on Thursda...
Blue Angels 2nd at VC meet
JACKSON, Ohio — The third time wasn’t the charm this time.After back-to-back championships at Logan and at Waterford, the Gallia Academy g...
Tornadoes topple field at OU
ATHENS, Ohio — Another championship performance by the reigning champions.For the second time in 24 hours, the Southern golf team came away with...
Tornadoes win at Cliffside
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — A solid start for the defending champions.Southern opened the 2018 league golf season in style on Thursday with a 15-stroke v...
Rosie the Riveter exhibition
HUNTINGTON — The Cabell County Library has announced the receipt of an important historical gift.Anne Montague, executive director and founder o...
Camp Conley CEOS meets
Members of the Camp Conley CEOS Club met July 17 at the home of Darlene and Becky Haer for their monthly meeting.Refreshments were served by the hoste...
Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative’s annual member meeting
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — With more than 900 in attendance, including 560 member-consumers, Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative (BREC) held its 80th ann...
Fair awards presented
Master Showmanship, senior division, first place went to Jarred Hitt.Clean Stall Award, senior winner, Shaya RobinsonMaster Showmanship, junior divisi...
Scenes from the 2018 Mason County Fair
The Mason County Commission members gave a donation to the Mason County Fair Board members Monday evening at the fair.2018 Ohio Valley Bank scholarshi...
God’s Kids Korner: Wise Letters Ephesians 5: 15-20
Before there were computers, email, and IPhones, people communicated through a regular phone (sometimes called a landline now) and writing letters. Ba...
A Hunger for More: Do not be an encourager in word only
Chances are good that you know someone who is in trouble. Battered by circumstances or weighed down by discouragement, this person you know may feel a...
You should get more from your Christian experience
Two cowboys lean against the corral fencing. One is whittling, and the other stands with his hands on his belt buckle. He says to the whittler, “...
Teen testimony: I’m ready to go
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me’” (John 14:6 NKJV).I ...
So what happened to ‘Gallia Country’?
My curiosity has been piqued over time about an outdoor play titled “Gallia Country” performed for several summers in the 1970s at the Bob...
A Hunger for More: Who are you?
Who are you? Seriously… who are you? What makes you what you are? Where do you fit in the great big picture puzzle of the cosmos? Where exactly ...