Latest COVID-19 updates for Gallia, Meigs, Mason
COVID-19 cases increase in Gallia, Mason, Meigs
Ohio, WVa report record daily COVID-19 totals… Local numbers holding steady
A true band of brothers
Latest COVID-19 update for Gallia, Mason, Meigs
- New administration sworn in - 6:28 pm
- Parent sentenced to maximum prison term for injuring child - 6:19 pm
- Remainder of ‘Mayor’s Night Out’ canceled - 5:14 pm
- The Hoop Project canceled, plans for 2021 - 5:08 pm
- Meigs Fair Board releases revised schedule, rules - 3:58 pm
- Latest COVID-19 updates for Gallia, Meigs, Mason - 3:51 pm
- The perfect fit… Wahama Band reaches fundraising goal - 5:22 pm
- Searching for the fallen: Woman seeks soldier’s headstone - 2:57 pm
- Until next year… Impacts of farm festival cancellation - 7:27 pm
- State breaks record for new confirmed virus cases - 7:17 pm
- Taking a stand against trafficking - 7:14 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 3:52 pm
- Mason County Memories… Exploring the layers of history - 3:45 pm
- Holzer Home Care Services during COVID-19 - 12:15 pm
- Medical withdrawal service at PVH celebrates 100th patient - 12:09 pm
- Board of Ed. discusses re-entry plan - 6:25 pm
- Marshall University moving more fall classes remotely - 6:16 pm
- PVH announces opening of new ‘Regional Health Center’ - 6:15 pm
- Gallia Fair releases attendance guidelines, updates - 6:04 pm updated: 6:05 pm.
- Raising awareness of human trafficking - 5:41 pm updated: 2:44 am.
- Senator, union leader: Postal Service considers downsizing - 2:31 pm
- 2 virus deaths reported at West Virginia nursing home - 2:29 pm
- Hearing rescheduled in case of mother accused in infant’s death - 7:37 pm
- Eight arrested in ‘Operation Predator’ - 6:21 pm
- Board of Ed. approved agenda items - 5:58 pm
State breaks record for new confirmed virus cases
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia has set a record for newly confirmed coronavirus cases as infections, deaths and hospitalizations surge i...
Taking a stand against trafficking
OHIO VALLEY — Over 20 people braved a downpour of rain Thursday evening in Mason to shine a light on the growing numbers of human trafficking.Ju...
This Week in West Virginia History
The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia....
Mason County Memories… Exploring the layers of history
What is history? This isn’t some rhetorical question, and I’m not talking about Winston Churchill’s famous quote, “history is ...
Holzer Home Care Services during COVID-19
Recovering from an illness, injury or hospitalization can pose challenges for patients returning home. Once referred by your physician, Holzer Home Ca...
Medical withdrawal service at PVH celebrates 100th patient
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Pleasant Valley Hospital’s medical withdrawal management service, BreakThru, recently celebrated its 100th patient...
Recent South Gallia High School graduate Savannah St. Clair, seated center, will continue her cheerleading career at the University of Rio Grande afte...
Trio named to Rio Athletic HOF
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Two former basketball standouts and the winningest baseball coach in school history are joining the University of Rio Grande&...
2020 OVP prep football schedules
Ohio is approaching the 30-day countdown for high school football.West Virginia would be doing the same if it were not for COVID-19 pushing the start ...
OHSAA releases return to play guidelines and sport specific recommendations
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has presented the OHSAA with a myriad of challenges. The Executive Director’s Office, with support from its Bo...
2020 college football schedules
As is the case with anything at the moment, things can change in the upcoming weeks ahead.But, as it stands now, only Marshall has gone unscathed in r...
Rio Grande announces Dean’s, Merit list
RIO GRANDE — The University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College announced th following students for their scholastic achievement duri...
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of ...
Hill awarded CEOS 4-H Senior
Point Pleasant High School 2020 graduate Josie Hill was awarded the Mason County CEOS 4-H Senior Award. Hill is a member of the Haer Bears 4-H club. ....
Haer Bear’s June meeting
On June 7, the Haer Bears 4-H Club held its virtual monthly meeting. President Kenly Arbogast called the meeting to order, followed by songs and pledg...
Claflin Foundation awards four scholarships
MASON COUNTY — The Robert and Louise Claflin Foundation awarded scholarships to four graduating high school seniors. The financial needs-based s...
Search the Scriptures: God’s word is always the same
In the Psalms, we read, “Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens. Your faithfulness endures to all generations; you have estab...
Cross Words: Knowing God as Father
I’m getting married in less than five months, and as a young man, I’ve felt the pressure to become independent faster than I had originall...
A Hunger for More: The treasure of sharing
In the midst of great divides, the treasure of sharing a special connection with others is increasingly precious. It cannot be overstated that much of...
God’s Kids Korner: The parable of the hidden treasure and pearl… Matthew 13: 44-46
This week we are looking at one of Jesus’ parables that is not quite so familiar and not so easily understood as some of the other ones. Have so...
Reader discusses historic ‘cause and effect’
Dear Editor,There seems to be an idea that we can change or delete history by omitting references to certain events or, as in recent times, by removin...
Reader remembers the good, the bad
Dear Editor,I’d like to respond to the July 4 “Mason County Memories,” (column) written by Chris Rizer. It was an interesting articl...