Bringing home a fallen hero
WWII soldier’s long journey home
‘The Ragged Old Flag’
U.S. 35 and the last mile… Final stretch of ‘35’ set to open in August
Kickin’ Summer Bash set
- Hundreds protest Manchin’s opposition to voting law overhaul - 4:03 pm
- Bringing home a fallen hero - 2:58 pm
- OVB to open new branch in Point Pleasant - 11:51 am
- Black Knights win AA track title - 1:43 pm updated: 10:56 pm.
- Paying respect to the fallen - 8:40 pm
- Governor: State surpasses 60% vaccination rate - 4:29 pm
- WWII soldier’s long journey home - 2:35 pm updated: 8:30 am.
- Mason County Memories… The journey to statehood - 1:29 pm
- Commission approves hires, agreement - 1:00 pm
- Quarantine creativity leads to small business - 12:57 pm
- Gallipolis pool reopens, updates hours - 12:30 pm
- History of Flag Day - 12:25 pm updated: 1:35 pm.
- ‘The Ragged Old Flag’ - 12:18 pm
- Livestock report - 12:14 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 12:10 pm
- Making plans for ‘Mothman’ - 6:12 pm
- ‘River Rec’ headliners… Confederate Railroad, Mikele Buck Band, Connor Christian - 5:09 pm
- Up on the roof - 4:51 pm
- Leon’s unofficial election results posted - 2:34 pm
- Gospel in the Park’s summer season - 2:25 pm
- Hartford voters return to polls, Leon to be announced - 6:34 pm updated: 6:37 pm.
- PVH welcomes licensed professional clinical counselor - 5:50 pm
- Let freedom ring… Point’s ‘Liberty Fest’ returns July 4 - 5:28 pm
- New Haven Council focuses on street paving - 4:22 pm
- Biden ends GOP infrastructure talks, but new group emerges - 3:11 pm
Quarantine creativity leads to small business
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Some people took the COVID-19 pandemic as a time to cultivate new hobbies to fill the free time they suddenly found they had ...
Gallipolis pool reopens, updates hours
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis Municipal Swimming Pool has now been open for a week and will soon be changing the operating hours.After a delayed s...
History of Flag Day
Deeply embedded in our American mythos is the story of the seamstress Betsy Ross being commissioned by General George Washington to create a flag for ...
‘The Ragged Old Flag’
POMEROY, Ohio — A tattered American flag waved from the gazebo on the Pomeroy levee during the 2021 Memorial Day ceremonies, and Dan Arnold was ...
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The latest livestock report has been released by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Dat...
This Week in West Virginia History
The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia....
Additional scenes from the AA meet
Some additional scenes from the 2021 WVSSAC Class AA track and field championships held Thursday and Friday at Laidley Field on the campus of the Univ...
Black Knights win AA title
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — There is something to be said when you are on top of the mountain in the Mountain State.The Point Pleasant boys captured the...
Lady Knights 4th in AA meet
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A record-setting day … even if it didn’t go perfect.The Point Pleasant girls came away with a program-best three...
17 locals named to district softball teams
A total of 17 girls from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were named to the 2021 all-district teams on behalf of the Ohio Southeast District Softball C...
Additional scenes from the Class A championships
Wahama senior Joshua Frye (510) sprints toward the finish line during the Class A 400m finals event on Wednesday night at Laidley Field in Charleston,...
Wahama impacts Class A championships
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The Class A state championships are complete, and Wahama certainly made an impact.The Lady Falcons claimed 13th overall, whi...
Wahama Honor Roll
MASON — The Wahama High School honor roll for the final nine weeks has been announced by Principal Melissa VanMeter as follows:Seventh Grade ...
OVB names Gallia, Mason, Meigs scholars
OHIO VALLEY — Ohio Valley Bank recently announced winners of its 2021 Ohio Valley Bank 4-H Scholarship awards from Gallia, Mason and Meigs count...
‘Frontline Warriors’ recognized by CEOS
MASON COUNTY — The Mason County Community Education Outreach Services (CEOS) recognized the “Frontline Warriors” of the Mason County...
April coloring contest winners
POINT PLEASANT — April showers brought art supplies to three Mason County residents. Through Babies ‘N Beyond’s free coloring contes...
Yards of the month recognized
Tu-Endie-Wei Garden Club yards of the month for May are:Ward 1: Leticia Lopez and Raphael Aguirre 519 Rear Main Street;Ward 2: Gary and Karen Rose 910...
Cross Words: Selecting songs for Sunday morning
The songs we sing on a Sunday morning influence what we believe about God. They communicate God’s Word. They preach. And because of this, we mus...
‘We all want to return to normal’
Kids fear some crazy things. I remember as a child being afraid of the green giant on the side of a box in my bedroom closet. That fear vanished as I ...
One reader’s take on ‘Political Kryptonite’
Dear Editor,As a lifelong West Virginia democratic voter, I am very concerned about the decline of the democratic support at the state and local level...
The ‘OVP COVID Update’ — the end of an era
This week marks a milestone in what has been a trying last 15 months for so many, including those of us in the world of local journalism.Friday, June ...
A Hunger for More: In both theory and practice
There is a difference between our culture’s idea of what it means to live life well and what the Bible says about it. For example, the Bible adm...
Don’t stay down with the downs
The perspective our lives is often seen in terms of ups and downs. Times are that we are “up” emotionally. Things are going well. We have ...