Snow event hits region
Flatrock upgrades, trains on new truck
Meeting the new neighbors
It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned
Facing food insecurity
- 5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:23 pm
- ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218 - 3:24 pm
- Board of Ed approves personnel, agenda items - 3:12 pm
- Snow event hits region - 5:49 pm
- Flatrock upgrades, trains on new truck - 4:08 pm
- 509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy - 3:45 pm
- Gov. Justice resumes briefings, says COVID is ‘tough stuff’ - 3:10 pm
- National, state, county candidates file - 4:50 pm
- Mason County Memories… The Mother-of-All-Floods - 4:26 pm
- Mason County Sheriff’s Office ‘Year in Review’ - 4:21 pm updated: 5:19 pm.
- 4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Shelter Pets (Trio) of the Week - 12:59 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 12:16 pm
- Nucor arrives in Mason Co. - 5:43 pm
- 115 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:36 pm
- Meeting the new neighbors - 4:35 pm
- PVH distributing at home COVID-19 test kits - 3:26 pm
- Sidelined by COVID, WVa gov’s address read by clerk - 3:02 pm
- Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses - 2:52 pm
- Representing Mason Co. at ‘Fairs and Festivals’ - 11:59 pm
- It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned - 6:06 pm
- 122 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Cervical Cancer Awareness Month - 3:15 pm
- Gov. Justice tests positive for COVID-19 - 12:23 am
Mason County Memories… The Mother-of-All-Floods
We are no strangers in Mason County to floods. Point Pleasant may not have closed its floodwall since 1997, but it seems that every year, there are a ...
Mason County Sheriff’s Office ‘Year in Review’
With a year of my first term completed, I remain grateful for the opportunity to serve you as your Mason County Sheriff. Even though 2021 came with ma...
4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were four additional deaths associated with COVID-19, as well as 196 new COVID-19 cases, rep...
Shelter Pets (Trio) of the Week
A sweet nine-month-old sibling trio of kittens — Cuddles, Princess and Smokey — are this week’s Shelter Pets of the Week, available ...
This Week in West Virginia History
CHARLESTON — The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at ...
Nucor arrives in Mason Co.
POINT PLEASANT — On Wednesday, representatives with Nucor Corporation, which is planning a state-of-the-art (steel) sheet mill in Apple Grove es...
Southern falls to Red Devilettes, 58-45
RACINE, Ohio — The Southern girls basketball team fell at home 58-45 Saturday afternoon to the Ravenswood Lady Devils.The Lady Tornadoes (3-12) ...
Rebels roll past Belpre, 59-48
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — After trying to get in the door for a little over three years, senior Brayden Hammond wasted no time breaking into the club....
Kole Carter named new GAHS football coach
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Kole Carter was unanimously approved to be the next head varsity football coach at Gallia Academy High School on Thursday nig...
RedStorm men roll past Brescia
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — The eight previous meetings between the University of Rio Grande and Brescia University had been decided by just 31 points co...
Eastern rolls past Belpre, 44-37
BELPRE, Ohio — One push opened up the door.The Eastern girls basketball team used a 12-2 second quarter surge to break an 8-all first quarter ti...
PPPS Student Leaders
Point Pleasant Primary School’s Student Leaders for the second nine weeks are pictured with their principal, Vickie Workman: Kaylee German, Mady...
Community donates gifts for teens
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Career Center’s National Technical Honor Society’s (NTHS) recent “Christmas for Teens”...
Community Supports Toys for Kids
POINT PLEASANT — Toys for Kids has seen an outpouring of community support recently with various organizations, businesses, and individuals dona...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild celebrates the season
With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas before us, members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild found time to squeeze eating in while meeting on two ...
Healthy Grand Familes receive ‘lovepacks’
The Mason County Healthy Grand Family’s program was recently the recipient of 170 “LovePacks” for children being raised by grandpare...
God’s opinion matters most
Opinions gauge what we think. It is reflected in politics. It is reflected in manufacturing. So is TV and radio. People seem gratified to have opportu...
God’s Kids Korner: Just what the doctor ordered
We often hear someone say, “That was just what the doctor ordered.” What do they mean? They usually mean that something happened which was...
Meigs Health Matters… National Blood Donor Month
January is National Blood Donor Month. It is a time to commend the lifesaving impact of blood and platelet donors. Blood donation is a voluntary proce...
Looking back, looking forward
Several times last weekend we heard people discussing everything they hated about 2021 and what hopeful things they are anticipating about 2022.It app...
Come the new year, thoughts of the end
Thirty years ago, I turned 40 and handled it without a scintilla of trepidation. There was a big surprise party for me, organized by my wife at the ti...
God’s Kids Korner: Is Christmas over?
It has been more than a week since we were celebrating, opening gifts, and eating a huge Christmas dinner. What is left of the Christmas celebration? ...