Demo in progress
The last full measure
Charleston man indicted in Roush murder case
Bringing home a fallen hero
WWII soldier’s long journey home
- West Virginia’s birthday weekend - 4:58 pm
- Biden promotes milestone of 300M vaccine shots in 150 days - 4:51 pm
- Pomeroy FD responds to structure fires - 4:24 pm
- Three-alarm fire destroys home - 4:07 pm
- Mason County Memories… Celebrating ‘Almost Heaven’ - 3:36 pm
- Demo in progress - 2:55 pm
- For the Record: Marriage licenses, property deeds - 2:54 pm
- Not Real News: A look at what didn’t happen this week - 2:44 pm
- Delta variant blamed for southwest Missouri virus increase - 2:42 pm
- Declaration of Juneteenth holiday sparks scramble in states - 2:37 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 12:54 pm
- Latest livestock report - 12:33 pm
- The last full measure - 12:14 pm
- Governor previews ‘West Virginia Day’ events - 5:23 pm
- Feds: West Virginia transgender athlete ban violates law - 4:22 pm
- Fishing for prizes - 3:16 pm
- Holzer at Fruth holds open house - 2:33 pm
- Charleston man indicted in Roush murder case - 12:45 pm updated: 2:40 pm.
- Arts, Culture and History to host birthday celebrations - 12:27 pm updated: 4:19 pm.
- Mason PD investigating alleged intentional hit and run - 11:04 am
- Mayor’s Night Out - 3:35 pm
- Smith joins OVBC and OVB Boards - 3:05 pm
- 3D mammography offered at PVH - 2:44 pm
- Rhythm on the River returns to Pomeroy - 2:12 pm
- Governor urges registration in vaccine lottery - 6:00 pm updated: 6:24 pm.
Declaration of Juneteenth holiday sparks scramble in states
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Congress and President Joe Biden acted with unusual swiftness this week in approving Juneteenth as a national holiday, a m...
This Week in West Virginia History
The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia....
Latest livestock report
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The latest livestock report as released by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696, appears ...
The last full measure
POMEROY/LONG BOTTOM, Ohio — It was a homecoming nearly 77 years in the making.Military services, proclamations, presentation of medals, and a pr...
Governor previews ‘West Virginia Day’ events
CHARLESTON — During Thursday’s briefing, Gov. Jim Justice provided a reminder of his recent announcement that all West Virginians are invi...
Feds: West Virginia transgender athlete ban violates law
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — The U.S. Department of Justice has slammed a new West Virginia law that bans transgender athletes from competing in fem...
Parkersburg rallies past Post 39, 14-13
PARKERSBURG, W.Va. — Everything was more than perfect for one inning.Unfortunately, there were six more innings to get through.Meigs Post 39 pro...
Wildcats eliminate Point Pleasant, 10-0
LOGAN, W.Va. — The wrong time for the offense to disappear.The Point Pleasant baseball team had its magical season come to an abrupt halt in six...
Man eliminates White Falcons, 5-1
MASON, W.Va. — A rough start, and too many left on base.The Wahama baseball team had its 2021 season come to a close on Tuesday at Claflin Stadi...
Lady Falcons top Man, 2-0 in Game 1
HARTFORD, W.Va. — One big swing, and now just one win away.The Wahama softball team went up 1-0 in the best-of-three series for the Class A, Reg...
Wildcats even series with Point
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Now it’s simply a case of who wants it most.Visiting Logan broke a 1-all tie with a 4-run outburst in the top of t...
Point ‘Yards of the Month’ announced
The Tu-Endie-Wei Garden Club Yards of the Month for June are:Ward 1: Tom and Becky Reynolds, 20 Main Street;Ward 2: Bob and Becky McMillan, 509 Main S...
Wahama Honor Roll
MASON — The Wahama High School honor roll for the final nine weeks has been announced by Principal Melissa VanMeter as follows:Seventh Grade ...
OVB names Gallia, Mason, Meigs scholars
OHIO VALLEY — Ohio Valley Bank recently announced winners of its 2021 Ohio Valley Bank 4-H Scholarship awards from Gallia, Mason and Meigs count...
‘Frontline Warriors’ recognized by CEOS
MASON COUNTY — The Mason County Community Education Outreach Services (CEOS) recognized the “Frontline Warriors” of the Mason County...
April coloring contest winners
POINT PLEASANT — April showers brought art supplies to three Mason County residents. Through Babies ‘N Beyond’s free coloring contes...
Search the Scriptures: Concerning sparrows and men
The old world sparrow, also known as a true sparrow, is a small brown and grey seed-eating bird and is one of the best known of birds in all the world...
Hold strong when you are pressured
Christian people have the potential of being most spiritually equipped when it comes to dealing with any conflict, confrontation, or calamity that com...
God’s Kids Korner: Soccer goals, life, and the Bible
I bet a lot of you play soccer. It is a very popular sport all over the world and here locally for kids to play on teams in the spring and fall. The a...
Cross Words: Selecting songs for Sunday morning
The songs we sing on a Sunday morning influence what we believe about God. They communicate God’s Word. They preach. And because of this, we mus...
‘We all want to return to normal’
Kids fear some crazy things. I remember as a child being afraid of the green giant on the side of a box in my bedroom closet. That fear vanished as I ...
One reader’s take on ‘Political Kryptonite’
Dear Editor,As a lifelong West Virginia democratic voter, I am very concerned about the decline of the democratic support at the state and local level...