4 new COVID-19 cases reported…. Latest stats from Meigs, Mason, Gallia
8 new COVID-19 cases reported…. Latest stats from Meigs, Mason, Gallia
Stacks of former power plant demolished
New COVID-19 death reported in Mason…. Latest stats from Meigs, Mason, Gallia
3 new cases reported in area …. Latest stats from Meigs, Mason, Gallia
- Stepping back in time - 5:30 pm
- Mason County Tourism Queens… Bonecutter, Roush wear new titles - 4:28 pm
- PPHS Prom Royalty crowned - 4:15 pm
- Grants in excess of $10K awarded to the Mason County Library System - 4:08 pm
- 4 new COVID-19 cases reported…. Latest stats from Meigs, Mason, Gallia - 4:04 pm
- ‘Shel’ and Joe: West Virginia duo a key link in Biden agenda - 2:56 pm
- 8 new COVID-19 cases reported…. Latest stats from Meigs, Mason, Gallia - 5:24 pm
- In rural America, census takers relied more on neighbors - 5:21 pm
- Stacks of former power plant demolished - 5:01 pm
- Summer reading program to return - 3:52 pm
- West Virginia trial puts spotlight on sprawling opioid cases - 2:56 pm
- Community Baby Shower scheduled for June - 2:55 pm
- ‘The Big Blacks Edition’… Point Fire Dept. unveils Engine Four - 6:23 pm
- Commissioners discuss property conditions - 5:16 pm
- Today in history - 5:13 pm
- New COVID-19 death reported in Mason…. Latest stats from Meigs, Mason, Gallia - 3:36 pm
- Casting for the ‘Big Cat’ - 1:53 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 1:03 pm
- Report: Drug executive emails mocked Appalachians - 12:51 pm
- Manchin courtship: WVa senator joins Jill Biden at clinic - 4:31 pm
- 3 new cases reported in area …. Latest stats from Meigs, Mason, Gallia - 4:29 pm
- CDC: Fully vaccinated people can largely ditch masks indoors - 4:28 pm
- ‘Farm Fest’ to return… Schedule for 50th anniversary released - 2:22 pm
- US advisers endorse Pfizer COVID shot for kids 12 and up - 1:51 pm
- MU launches student vaccination awareness effort - 1:48 pm
Summer reading program to return
The children’s Summer Reading Program will return to the Mason County Libraries this year, with reading, crafts, and activities being held insid...
West Virginia trial puts spotlight on sprawling opioid cases
A corner of West Virginia wrenched by opioid addiction is getting the chance to argue in a courtroom that some of the corporate giants it blames for a...
Community Baby Shower scheduled for June
POINT PLEASANT — The annual Mason County Community Baby Shower will be held on June 10 for expecting and new moms.The baby shower will be from 5...
‘The Big Blacks Edition’… Point Fire Dept. unveils Engine Four
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant Fire Department and Point Pleasant Junior/Senior High School have even more in common after the unveiling of...
Commissioners discuss property conditions
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Commissioners approved new hires and discussed property conditions during during their regular meeting on Thur...
Today in history
Today is Saturday, May 15, the 135th day of 2021. There are 230 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On May 15, 1970, just after m...
Marauders win TVC Ohio outright
The Meigs baseball team — which had already clinched a share of its first Tri-Valley Conference Ohio Division championship since 2016 — wr...
Lady Eagles beat ZT, win sectional
The 15th-seeded Eastern softball team claimed picked up the program’s 24th sectional title with a 5-1 victory over 10th-seeded host Zane Trace o...
Rio Grande puts pair on All-America team
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – University of Rio Grande senior midfielder Ewan McLauchlan and sophomore forward Sebastian Borquez are among those named to t...
Blue Angels 2nd at OVC meet
PERDO, Ohio — The Gallia Academy girls were second and the Blue Devils were fourth overall in the boys meet, but Coal Grove ultimately came away...
Locals land 4 on girls state teams
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Wahama landed two selections and Hannan garnered one honoree on the Class A squads, while Point Pleasant came away with a si...
Peebles tops Lady Tornadoes, 14-4
In the end, it was just too much at the start. Host Peebles built leads of 3-0, 9-1 and 13-4 through each of the first three frames and eventually wra...
Coloring contest winners
POINT PLEASANT — Babies ‘N Beyond Children’s Consignment recently awarded prizes to the winners of their first free coloring contest...
Mason Co. CEOS back in business
The Mason County Community Educational Outreach Service (CEOS) met for the first time in over a year on April 13, at the Faith Gospel Church in Gallip...
Writers Guild contemplates the fate of Cinderella
POINT PLEASANT — In the days before radio, movies and television, stories of fair damsels in distress being rescued by Knights in Shining Armor,...
Pediatric Fund sponsors
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer Health System continues to be supported by area businesses and organizations.The Pediatric Fund, in existence f...
Wahama honor roll
The following Wahama Junior/Senior High School students were placed on the honor roll for the third nine weeks, according to Principal Melissa VanMete...
God’s Kids Korner: Through life’s maze
Do you like working puzzles? I do, and I especially enjoy solving a type of puzzle called a maze. You may have worked a maze yourself at school or in ...
A Hunger for More: ‘Ask, and it will be given to you…’
We have just held the National Day of Prayer observance across the country including our own in Gallia County. While I was not able to physically part...
Search the Scriptures: How should we pray?
Have you ever wondered about the right way to pray? Or whether there was a wrong way to pray?As one surveys the world, one observes that there are a m...
God’s Kids Korner: Happy Mother’s Day!
I am sure that all of you know that it is Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. You will probably give your mother a card or a present. Someplace on ...
Preachers bear a heavy load
When preachers have a message to deliver, it involves more of a load on the preacher than church goers consider. Prophet Malachi referred to as “...
Cross Words: A theology of marriage
A girl in a white dress walks down the aisle. Beautiful music plays in the background. A man, beaming with excitement, awaits her on the other side. T...