Spencer named ‘Officer of the Year’
Celebrating the season in Mason
Filling a need
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
- Post 9926 awards McKinney ‘Officer of the Year’ - 7:48 pm
- ‘Elvis’ concert this Saturday - 7:40 pm
- Hannan students take top honors in Capital City Pumpkin Drop - 7:38 pm updated: 10:22 pm.
- MU’s Mid-Ohio Valley Center celebrates 25 years - 6:26 pm
- Mark Porter wins National Recognition - 12:42 pm
- Tayengco named National Merit Scholar semi-finalist - 7:33 pm
- Bend Area schedule for trick-or-treat events - 7:31 pm
- Handmade Holiday Treasures craft show set - 7:27 pm
- Stewart inducted into hall of fame - 7:24 pm
- Free concert offered by acclaimed saxophonist - 6:23 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center opens - 6:19 pm updated: 6:22 pm.
- Prevention coalition updates - 4:34 pm
- Town of Mason curtails excess spending - 4:14 pm
- Mason County Memories: Bend Area hauntings - 3:48 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 3:38 pm
- Mason Harvest Festival scenes - 3:27 pm
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Upcoming events set for FRN - 4:38 pm
- MOVC to celebrate 25th anniversary - 4:36 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Benefit planned for McConihay - 6:27 pm
Free concert offered by acclaimed saxophonist
GALLIPOLIS — Japanese saxophonist Misato Hanawa and her pianist Naoko Mizugaki will perform at the historic Ariel Opera House on October 27, 201...
Holzer Wound Care Center opens
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer Health System supporters and guests attended the opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the system’s new Holzer Wound ...
Prevention coalition updates
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Prevention Coalition met on Tuesday afternoon with special visitors in attendance discussing the current Stude...
Town of Mason curtails excess spending
MASON — Members of the Mason Town Council have vowed to curtail excess spending in an effort to not exceed income during the present fiscal year...
Mason County Memories: Bend Area hauntings
It’s October, and you know what that means! Battle Days, fall colors, harvest festivals, apple cider, pumpkin everything, and of course, Hallowe...
This Week in West Virginia History
The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia....
Lady Eagles win D-3 district title
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Eastern produced seven of the eight local regional qualifiers and one team title on Saturday at the 2019 Division III Southea...
Gallia County sends 9 to D-2 regionals
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Gallia County had nine athletes qualify for regional competition on Saturday at the 2019 Division II Southeast District Cross...
Ohio Football Prep Polls
DIVISION I1, Mentor (20);8-0;2072, Lakewood St. Edward;7-1;1723, Fairfield (2);8-0;1664, Powell Olentangy Liberty (1);8-0;1415, Cincinnati Elder;7-1;1...
Black Knights roll past Ravenswood, 7-2
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Looking good at just the right time.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team concluded its 2019 regular season campaign on Sa...
Lady Pioneers eliminate Eastern
KINNIKINNICK, Ohio — It was quick, but not entirely painless.The Eastern volleyball team reached double digits only once as host Zane Trace roll...
Ohio stops Flashes, 45-38
ATHENS, Ohio — Back in the win column and back on top of the standings.The Ohio football team bounced back from its Homecoming loss with a 45-38...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Leon Luckies celebrate ‘National 4-H Week’
The Leon Luckies kicked off National 4-H Week, which is from Oct. 6-12, by presenting all Leon Elementary students in grades kindergarten-sixth grades...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Love doesn’t hurt
Have you ever witnessed a dog that has had a traumatic past? Or one that has not been exposed to human kindness and love? Many time’s when one e...
‘There is no right or wrong way to feel’
From the moment my doctor said I needed a biopsy I became detached. I felt like an observer. I noted the information and scheduled for the procedure l...
Search the Scriptures: ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ revisited
It turns out that “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” may be a rather optimistic take on the human condition.Rather than acknowledging the ...
When we do things by The Book
One of the exciting prospects of studying God’s Word is discovery. I often approach Bible study with the prayer, “Lord, what will you let ...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...