Spencer named ‘Officer of the Year’
Celebrating the season in Mason
Filling a need
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
- PPHS students collect over 6,000 non-perishable food items - 1:06 pm
- Local banker receives banking diploma from the OBL - 11:49 am
- Post 9926 awards McKinney ‘Officer of the Year’ - 7:48 pm
- ‘Elvis’ concert this Saturday - 7:40 pm
- Hannan students take top honors in Capital City Pumpkin Drop - 7:38 pm updated: 10:22 pm.
- MU’s Mid-Ohio Valley Center celebrates 25 years - 6:26 pm
- Mark Porter wins National Recognition - 12:42 pm
- Tayengco named National Merit Scholar semi-finalist - 7:33 pm
- Bend Area schedule for trick-or-treat events - 7:31 pm
- Handmade Holiday Treasures craft show set - 7:27 pm
- Stewart inducted into hall of fame - 7:24 pm
- Free concert offered by acclaimed saxophonist - 6:23 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center opens - 6:19 pm updated: 6:22 pm.
- Prevention coalition updates - 4:34 pm
- Town of Mason curtails excess spending - 4:14 pm
- Mason County Memories: Bend Area hauntings - 3:48 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 3:38 pm
- Mason Harvest Festival scenes - 3:27 pm
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- Upcoming events set for FRN - 4:38 pm
- MOVC to celebrate 25th anniversary - 4:36 pm
Handmade Holiday Treasures craft show set
POINT PLEASANT — Mason County is full of talented crafters and artists and this weekend individuals will have the opportunity to purchase unique...
Stewart inducted into hall of fame
OHIO VALLEY — Over the weekend, a well-known member of the music community on both sides of “the river” was inducted into the West V...
Free concert offered by acclaimed saxophonist
GALLIPOLIS — Japanese saxophonist Misato Hanawa and her pianist Naoko Mizugaki will perform at the historic Ariel Opera House on October 27, 201...
Holzer Wound Care Center opens
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer Health System supporters and guests attended the opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the system’s new Holzer Wound ...
Prevention coalition updates
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Prevention Coalition met on Tuesday afternoon with special visitors in attendance discussing the current Stude...
Town of Mason curtails excess spending
MASON — Members of the Mason Town Council have vowed to curtail excess spending in an effort to not exceed income during the present fiscal year...
Rio women finish 22nd at Western Shootout
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — The University of Rio Grande women’s bowling program posted a 22nd place finish in the Columbia 300 Western Shootout,...
Black Knights advance to finals
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — It’s different in the postseason.After posting a 7-2 win three days earlier in the regular season finale, the Poin...
Lady Falcons soar past Ravenswood
MASON, W.Va. — Sending the regular season out in style.The Wahama volleyball team ended its regular season with a straight games victory over no...
OVP lands 12 district golfers
The Ohio Valley Publishing area had a dozen people chosen to the Southeast Ohio District Golf Coaches Association teams, as voted on by the coaches wi...
Lady Eagles win D-3 district title
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Eastern produced seven of the eight local regional qualifiers and one team title on Saturday at the 2019 Division III Southea...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio― On Oct. 15, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common share payabl...
Flu season arrives
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce and Fruth Pharmacy announce a partnership to benefit area employers and their empl...
Managing winter heating costs
Columbia Gas is encouraging customers to prepare for the upcoming winter heating season by taking control of their home energy costs. Assistance is av...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
PPYFL scores, schedule
The latest scores from the Point Pleasant Youth Football Leage:FLAG Games K-2nd grade- Patriots Red 36 vs Beale Bengals 12- Patriots Blue 6 vs Ashton ...
Love doesn’t hurt
Have you ever witnessed a dog that has had a traumatic past? Or one that has not been exposed to human kindness and love? Many time’s when one e...
‘There is no right or wrong way to feel’
From the moment my doctor said I needed a biopsy I became detached. I felt like an observer. I noted the information and scheduled for the procedure l...
Search the Scriptures: ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ revisited
It turns out that “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” may be a rather optimistic take on the human condition.Rather than acknowledging the ...
When we do things by The Book
One of the exciting prospects of studying God’s Word is discovery. I often approach Bible study with the prayer, “Lord, what will you let ...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...