During the meeting, council unanimously approved the second reading of the Water Rate Increase as well as the second reading of the Water Service Ordinance. Council also approved the second reading of the Sewer Rate Increase.
In other business:
• Council approved the second reading of the Garbage Rate Increase.
• Council approved the second reading of the Ordinance for the Traffic and Criminal Codes.
• Council received a grant of $20,000 for the town’s roads.
• Council agreed to allow Triad to check the town’s pool for any voids.
• Council made a motion to pay Drawdown No. 3 and Drawdown No. 4 at full payment. Council also agreed to pay for three change orders.
• It was reported that the town will send Roger Roush a letter to remind him to keep the grass cut on Tatum Drive.
• Marilyn Weaver came before council to discuss what she should do with her yard clippings and grass.
• Cathy Roush came before council to discuss her property damage that occurred due to the town’s sewer project. In response, council agreed to send a Triad representative to check Roush’s yard.
• Council approved building permit No. 591 for Eddie Bumgarner.