“Mrs. Dickens has been employed as Superintendent of Mason County Schools for the past six months,” Dale Shobe, Board President said in a statement. “During this time, she has worked diligently to accomplish her goals. We encourage her to continue to work toward the accomplishment of her written goals of increasing student achievement, and improving morale and trust between students, staff and the Board of Education.”
This marked the 34th agenda for the Board, and following these remarks, regular business items were approved.
• The Board approved family medical leave request for Alissa Reymond from Jan. 31 to March 25.
• The Board accepted the resignation of Teresa Atkinson, Substitute Teacher, effective Feb. 7.
• The Board approved the placement of the following professional personnel on the Transfer and Subsequent Assignment List for the 2011-2012 school year: Marshall Barnhouse-restructuring; Jamie Bonecutter-lack of need; Sylvia Hendrickson-displaced by a more senior employee; Rita Hill-restructoring; Debra Hussell-lack of need; Meredith Moore-lack of need; and Teresa Murphy-restructoring.
• The Board approved the employment of Jessica Johnson and Mandi Pierce as Substitute Accountants for the 2010-2011 school year, effective Feb. 24. County funds are the funding source.
• The Board approved the placement of the following service personnel on the Transfer List for the 2011-2012 school year: Lisa Gardner, Aide-Lack of Need; Jean Gill, Secretary-Lack of Need; Rita Knott, Aide-Lack of Need; Candy Robinson, Custodian-Lack of Need; Deloris Shepard, Aide-Lack of Need; Barbara Varian, Aide-Lack of Need; Tammy Westfall, Aide-Lack of Need. The following bus operators due to realignment of bus Routes -John Absten, Samuel Beckner, Brent Blake, Kenneth Blessing, Laura Bonecutter, Clyde Bowen III, Kathy Bruner, Roger Bumgarner, John Casey, Charlene Clonch, Jami Cochran, David Deweese, Timothy Double, David Downing, Vickie Flora, Victoria Gardner, Rodney Gleason, Leslie Hanson, Ronald Heath, Bruce Hendrickson, Kenneth Hess, George Hoffman, Albert Kelly, Stephen Keyser, Thomas Knapp, James Long, Donald Matheny, Charles McCallister, John McCarty, Sherry McDaniel, Paul Nichols, Lori Nutter, Stephen Patterson, Karen Pauley, Robert Powell, Marlene Reynolds, Thomas Reynolds, George Rimmey, Debra Roush, Doris Settle, John Settle, George Shell, Brenna Shobe, Nina Shobe, Randall Shobe, Pamela Simpkins, Carol Smith, Craig Smith, Michael Stover, Sharon Stover, Joey Thompson, Timothy Thompson, Ricky Towe, David Watterson, Sharon Watterson, Gari Worley, Mark Wright, Jason Wymer, and Ralph Zirkle.
• The Board accepted the resignation of Kent Price, Assistant Coach, Varsity Softball, Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High School, effective Feb. 8.
The next Board meeting will be held March 1 at 4 p.m. at the Mason County Career Center (MCCC). This is to discuss Special Student Expulsion/Regular Business. Other dates are as follows: March 8, 6 p.m., Beale Elementary; March 10, 6 p.m., MCCC; March 17, 4 p.m., MCCC; March 22, 6 p.m., Wahama Jr/Sr High School; and March 24, 4 p.m., MCCC.