Remembering ‘the forgotten war‘
Performances to be held this week
Summer reading program kicks off June 12
Providing ‘Safe Harbor’: Not all therapy is indoors
Catfish anglers descend on Ohio, Kanawha rivers
- Rio president finalist for Georgian college presidency - 9:38 pm
- Baking contest returns to ‘Bikes’ event - 7:02 pm
- Remembering ‘the forgotten war‘ - 7:00 pm
- Reliving the past at ‘The Fort’ - 6:53 pm
- Reliving the past at ‘The Fort’ - 6:51 pm
- Newspaper carriers needed, sign-on bonuses offered - 6:27 pm updated: 6:28 pm.
- The old west in Gallia - 4:36 pm
- Performances to be held this week - 5:00 pm
- Shelter pets of the week - 4:47 pm
- Movie at the point returns - 4:42 pm
- Summer reading program kicks off June 12 - 2:00 pm
- Chief, officers resign - 11:07 am
- Final plans for fishing rodeo - 5:16 pm
- ‘Bikes and BBQ’ event returns - 5:13 pm
- Early voting announced - 5:11 pm
- Point purchases AED machines - 7:07 pm updated: 7:15 pm.
- Class ring found after 57 years - 6:05 pm
- For the record: Fire reported - 5:45 pm
- 19th annual Siege of Fort Randolph - 5:40 pm
- County Prevention Coalition meets, discusses events - 8:31 pm
- Grant provides for more technology at PPPS - 5:50 pm
- Hartley chosen as Tourism Queen - 5:40 pm
- Providing ‘Safe Harbor’: Not all therapy is indoors - 12:36 pm
- ‘Leaving’ a mystery to solve - 8:31 pm
- Bartow Jones Bridge inspection begins - 7:20 pm
Movie at the point returns
POINT PLEASANT — Movie at the Point will be making its return for a second year.The first movie will shown on Saturday, May 26 at Tu-Endie-Wei S...
Summer reading program kicks off June 12
MASON COUNTY — It will be a summer of discovery at the Mason County Libraries, as the Summer Reading Program gets underway in June.“Summer...
Chief, officers resign
MASON — Members of the Mason Town Council accepted the resignations of three police officers, including Chief Rich Gilkey, when they met at thei...
Final plans for fishing rodeo
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Family Resource Network (FRN) met this week for its regularly scheduled meeting, discussing final plans for th...
‘Bikes and BBQ’ event returns
POINT PLEASANT — The Bikes&BBQ event will be making its return for a second year.The event is set for Saturday, June 9 on Main Street in Poi...
Early voting announced
NEW HAVEN — Early voting for the Town of New Haven municipal election will begin May 26, according to Recorder Roberta Hysell.Hours for voting o...
Locals advance to D-3 Regionals
LONDONDERRY, Ohio — Onward they march.The 2018 Division III Southeast District track and field championships concluded with Day Two of competiti...
Wahama teams score at state
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Back on the board.The Wahama track and field teams both came away with points for the first time in five years this weekend ...
Point fares well at state
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — So much for an unlucky number.Both Point Pleasant programs came away with 13 points apiece this past weekend during the 2018...
Tabor signs with Rio track
BIDWELL, Ohio — Just a stone’s throw away.River Valley senior Madison Tabor’s step to the next level of competition in the realm of ...
Lady Titans oust Southern, 6-0
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Two decisive days of softball.After five innings of play on Thursday’s Division IV district semifinal in Gallia County,...
WVSSAC championships begin
The 2018 WVSSAC state track and field meet opened on Friday at Laidley Field at the University of Charleston. A total of 34 students from Mason County...
Tire recycling event this Saturday
The third annual tire recycling event at the Mason County Career Center is Saturday, May 19, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. The event is sponsored by the West Virgin...
Crank graduates from Cedarville University
Ashten Crank, of Henderson, graduated from Cedarville University on May 5 with a degree in Social Work.Cedarville University, located between Dayton a...
Farm Bureau to offer Dairy Revenue Protection insurance
COLUMBUS, Ohio (OFBF) – The American Farm Bureau Federation, in cooperation with American Farm Bureau Insurance Services, has developed a new ri...
Farmers Bank opens Teays Valley branch
HURRICANE, W.Va. — Farmers Bancshares, Inc., the parent company of Farmers Bank and Savings Company, headquartered in Pomeroy, Ohio, celebrated ...
‘Yards of the month’ for May
The Tu-Endie-Wei Garden Club “Yards of the Month” for May have been announced for the City of Point Pleasant.The following yards have been...
Who are the cheaters?
Would it be cheating if a minister took steroids, in one form or another, to help them preach better? Would it make church newsletter headlines throug...
Teen testimony: Take one step at a time
“We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps” (Prov. 16:9 NLT).Take one step at a time. Don’t be so concerned about the...
God’s Kids Korner: The Day of Pentecost
Sunday is a special day that many churches celebrate: Pentecost. Jesus had promised His disciples that He would send someone to help them after He was...
Search the scriptures: Fear kills faith, but faith drives out fear
One of the more amusing passages in the Old Testament is Proverbs 22:13: “The sluggard says, “There is a lion outside! I shall be killed i...
Step with faith
I ran with my eyes closed the other day. Yep! Just for a few feet, but it seemed like a mile. The parking lot I was jogging through was empty — ...
‘Share Your Stories’ launches
The past year and a half was a time of important accomplishments that will help improve the lives of West Virginians. When Congress passed tax reform ...