Let there be light in the park
Warrant sweep gathers 7
The ‘Light of Christmas’
The Silver Bridge archives: Point Pleasant River Museum preserves the past
Silver Bridge Anniversary plans
- Point Pleasant residents receive awards from Main Street Point Pleasant - 3:32 pm
- Dedication held for Randall Robie Memorial Wrestling Building - 3:29 pm
- Clinic focused on treatment of addiction to open - 11:57 am updated: 4:42 pm.
- This Week in West Virginia History - 1:23 am
- Mason County Memories: In the middle of Huntington, W.Va…. - 1:21 am
- H&H Cattle, Inc. takes top honors - 8:45 pm updated: 3:46 am.
- For the record - 8:10 pm
- The 16th annual Keep Your Fork 5k road race - 5:32 pm
- Board of education approves personnel items - 5:25 pm
- Preparing for buck firearms season - 4:14 pm
- For the record - 7:26 pm
- Mason County Schools honors ‘the best’ - 6:55 pm
- Fines increased for farm animal ordinance - 5:15 pm
- Writers learn what is in a word - 4:13 pm
- Bearbaiting alleged at Long Bottom resdience - 1:36 pm
- Annual community Thanksgiving dinner set - 8:49 pm
- World War II veterans receive special recognition - 7:54 pm updated: 8:55 pm.
- Gallia November indictments released - 7:49 pm
- ‘Major drug offender’ sentenced - 6:11 pm
- Honoring those who served - 1:07 pm
- PPHS baseball program continues growth - 2:38 pm
- Finalizing plans for Point Christmas tree lighting - 2:03 pm
- Mason County Memories: Col. Washington’s expedition - 1:58 pm
- School Board extends Cullen’s contract - 1:44 pm
- Bend Area students salute veterans - 12:39 pm
Preparing for buck firearms season
SOUTH CHARLESTON — West Virginia’s traditional buck firearms season will start Monday, Nov. 20, and run through Dec. 2.Hunters should see ...
For the record
Mason County Special Investigation UnitOn Tuesday, the Mason County Special Investigation Unit (SIU) arrested Rufus A. Wright, III, 27, Gallipolis, Oh...
Mason County Schools honors ‘the best’
Catherine Hamm was recognized as Teacher of the Year and Charles McComas was recognized as Service Personnel of the Year, by the Mason County Board of...
Fines increased for farm animal ordinance
NEW HAVEN — Members of the New Haven town council voted to increase the fine for those violating the farm animal ordinance, when they met at the...
Writers learn what is in a word
POINT PLEASANT — Members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild met recently to share poems, memoirs, opinions, and discuss many subjects. They wer...
Bearbaiting alleged at Long Bottom resdience
LONG BOTTOM — A search warrant was executed at a Long Bottom residence where an alleged “bearbaiting” event was taking place.Meigs C...
Ohio zapped by Zips, 37-34
AKRON, Ohio — The Bobcats lost more than just the game Tuesday.The Ohio football team is no longer has a clear path to the Mid-American Conferen...
Short-handed RedStorm dumps Lakers
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Despite having just nine players in uniform and absorbing, arguably, the best overall performance by Wright State University-...
Rio men meet Wolves in NAIA opener
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande will host Cardinal Stritch University in the NAIA Men’s Soccer National Championship Openi...
OVP Sports Briefs
Presale tickets available at PPJSHSPOINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Presale tickets for the Class AA second round football contest between Point Pleasant...
GA, RV combine for 10 district picks
A total of 10 people from Gallia County were chosen to the 2017 District 13 Coaches Association Division II volleyball teams, as selected by the coach...
Camp Conley CEOS news
The October meeting of the Camp Conley CEOS Club met at the First Church of God Ministry Center with Phyllis Hesson serving as hostess. She led a game...
Roush honored by Democratic Party
United States Senator Joe Manchin III joined with Democratic leaders from throughout West Virginia in honoring Agnes Roush as one of West VirginiaR...
Graham named market manager for United Producers, Inc.
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — United Producers, Inc. (UPI) has welcomed Jamie Graham as the new Market Manager of the Gallipolis, Ohio, location.Graham bri...
Reliant Drug Test Solutions opens
Reliant Drug Test Solutions, located at 703 22nd Street, Point Pleasant, recently hosted a ribbon cutting. Pictured in attendance are, from left, City...
November Pediatric Fund sponsors recognized
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer continues to be supported by area businesses and organizations.The Pediatric Fund, in existence for over 45 yea...
A look at Psalm 23
One of the readings for this week is the 23rd Psalm. I know most of you have heard Psalm 23. It is probably the best known and most beloved of the Psa...
Seeking God daily through prayer
In times of trouble and stress, the need for rest becomes all-the-more apparent. How rare it is for us today to make a space in the busyness of life t...
The enemy desires to keep his motives secret
Today, I’m writing about indirect opposition—opposition from an enemy who desires to keep his or her motives secret. Indeed, Nehemiah find...
The Great American Smokeout
As the holidays draw ever closer, one special event coming this month is the Great American Smokeout. This is a national effort to promote the quittin...
Dear Editor,I believe the Ohio Valley has become the Valley of Lost Souls. I firmly believe everybody on drugs has become a lost soul and the Ohio Val...
Circle your soul with rubies
I loved feeling the soft hippopotamus on my cheek as I lay my head on him. Multi-colored like Biblical Joseph’s coat, it wasn’t gray like ...