Clean up continues as new flooding forecast
Cleaning up after the flood
‘Tis the season
Waters begin to recede
Mighty Ohio makes presence known
- A lesson on drug testing - 7:07 pm
- Benefit for family who suffered house fire - 7:02 pm
- Schools closed due to statewide walkouts - 6:57 pm updated: 10:19 pm.
- Feeding students during the walkout - 6:40 pm
- Threats to RVHS reported as unfounded - 6:04 pm
- Clean up continues as new flooding forecast - 4:28 pm updated: 4:44 pm.
- Keeping your heart healthy - 1:29 pm
- Cleaning up after the flood - 12:11 pm
- Local nursing students give back - 7:36 pm
- For the record - 6:46 pm
- God’s Hands accepting flood donations - 3:23 pm updated: 12:10 pm.
- Statewide walkout called for school staff - 9:30 pm updated: 9:59 pm.
- Mighty Ohio makes presence known - 6:39 pm
- Pomeroy merchants begin cleanup process - 6:30 pm
- Deputies seek inmate - 6:25 pm
- Photo Album: The Ohio River at Mason and Point Pleasant - 4:57 pm updated: 4:59 pm.
- Flooding in Meigs, Mason, Gallia counties - 7:17 pm updated: 7:26 pm.
- Teachers, public employees planning walkout in West Virginia - 3:58 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- Water on the rise: Flooding expected in downtown Pomeroy - 12:11 am
- Mason Council considers increasing library funds - 7:32 pm
- Offering a career in social work - 6:48 pm
- Shelter pets of the week - 5:30 pm
- Teachers, Service Personnel Appreciation Sunday - 6:23 pm
- Provisions to take during flu season - 7:35 pm
- Butler Co. man arrested in Meigs sentenced for murder - 6:43 pm
For the record
Mason County Sheriff’s DepartmentThe Mason County Sheriff’s Department reports the following arrests made Feb. 2-Feb. 15: Brian L. Love, 4...
God’s Hands accepting flood donations
VINTON — Recent widespread flooding has brought destruction to many people in the communities along the Ohio and Kanawha River. Heaven Sent Mini...
Statewide walkout called for school staff
MASON COUNTY — A statewide walkout by teachers and service personnel in West Virginia has been called for this Thursday and Friday.According to ...
Mighty Ohio makes presence known
MEIGS COUNTY — It is one of the unavoidable facts of life along the river — eventually it will rise.It had been 13 years since Meigs Count...
Pomeroy merchants begin cleanup process
POMEROY — Several businesses located on Front Street in Pomeroy have been enduring flood clean up.Bobbie Karr owner of the Hartwell House report...
Deputies seek inmate
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia County Sheriff Matt Champlin states his deputies are seeking a woman who reportedly walked away from the Gallipolis Behavior...
Rio puts trio on All-RSC Women’s Basketball Teams
NEW ALBANY, Ind. — University of Rio Grande senior forward Alexis Payne and sophomore guard Sydney Holden were among those named to the 2017-18 ...
RedStorm women slip to 22nd in NAIA coaches’ poll
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The University of Rio Grande slipped one position to No. 22 in the latest NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches...
Rio Grande’s Hill to participate in 3-Point Shootout
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – University of Rio Grande senior guard Will Hill has been selected as one of the four participants for 2018 NABC-NAIA Shoot &a...
Mason County sending 17 to state
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Where dreams can become reality.Mason County will be well-represented this weekend at Big Sandy Superstore Arena as two team...
Pointers knock out RV, 57-45
JACKSON, Ohio — Early runs can often pay dividends later.The River Valley boys basketball team fell behind early in its Southeast District Divis...
Annual Baby Face event returns
OHIO VALLEY — Fruth Pharmacy will be holding its third annual Baby Face Event on March 24.To help local baby charities, Fruth Pharmacy will host...
The latest livestock report from United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, 740-446-9696 as reported on Feb. 21:Total Headage: 328Feeder Ca...
PPPS accelerated readers honored
Learning to read is important and the students at Point Pleasant Primary School (PPPS) are wild about reading. The staff instills in students that lov...
Avalanche CEOS Club news
The Avalanche CEOS Club recently held its first meeting of 2018 on Jan. 25 at the Coffee Grinder.Eleanor Hoffman was the hostess and the meeting was c...
Petro named vice president
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Ohio Valley Bank President and CEO Tom Wiseman recently announced the promotion of Christopher S. Petro to Vice President and...
Ribbon cutting for Blaine Surveying
Blaine Surveying, PLLC, has opened an office located at 212 5th Street in Point Pleasant. Blaine Surveying, PLLC began providing professional services...
Groaners should hold to the rule of groaning
Grandison’s mouth hung slack-jawed. He could not believe what he had just heard the Lord say to him. Grandison had walked up to the judgment sea...
‘This one is for Jesus!’
Many years ago, our daughter was preparing Valentine Day notes the other day for some of her friends, when she snatched up a “Sleeping Beauty...
‘I wanna be different’
Identity. It’s a touchy subject. Who or what defines you? Modern culture tends to equate identity with popularity. In other words, our level of ...
God’s Kids Korner : Temptation – A problem word
This Sunday is the first Sunday of Lent, the few weeks before Easter when we all are asked to think about how we are living our lives and if we need t...
Why do teachers (state employees) deserve a raise?
There are so many things that have been added to a teacher’s daily routine. Reports that are beyond comprehension. Programs that are constantly ...
Legislative update: Past the halfway point
The sixty day 2018 West Virginia Legislative session is just past the half point. I am on the Finance Committee and the vast majority of my time has b...